312 Gallon Tank Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Kalkreactor built by the same gentleman making my tank
IMAG0346_zps22f249c4.jpg

also today the bottom was put on. Friday the extra trim will be routed off and the coast to coast overflow box will be put on. then if all goes according to plan it will have water in it by next weekend!

Now it looks like a tank!
IMAG0348_zps27d0a4f4.jpg

Overflow box is done!
IMAG0347_zps5a2b9da2.jpg

The beast that will power the system, makes my hand look really small
IMAG0349_zps930f90eb.jpg

OH YEH, now I'm getttin excited! Can't wait. I soooo love the dimension and its like waiting for christmas to see what you do with them!

Will the overflow box have any additional bracing or support? Seams like a lot of weight to be just welded to the back.

Build looks great. How soon until the water test?

Use a two part epoxy to put the overflow box on, so im hoping it will hold. Water test next weekend!

Im thinking it was a weldon, it came in an applicator you pushed it down it combined in a nozzle and then you layered it down on the acrylic. Very stink stuff and makes you a bit light headed. Sorry im not more precise i didnt look too close at what the tank builder was using

Anyone know how large of a hole i would have to drill to create a siphon break in a 1.5" pipe? This is for my 1.5" seaswirls i dont want them to back siphon. Thank you

Back