400 gallons of saltwater running through my house.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Cool stuff, I didn't do the hour one, I need to get in the shower, I can catch that later on the full screen. If you could, could you get some pics of the corals we were speaking of in my thread??

Thanx Devon. the clownfish is way to cool BTW. ;)

Thanks Charlie. I like the Mantis Shrimp video and the Tree Polyp the best I think. Anyway, here are a few photos before the MHs came on of what's growing:

Birdsnest by devonmorton, on Flickr. So Green upfront, Orange on the top left, Rainbow in the middle-back.

Deep Water Acro by devonmorton, on Flickr. A green deep water Acro.

Blue Stag by devonmorton, on Flickr. Lots of Blue stag

Frags by devonmorton, on Flickr. Some blue and green stylo plus another acro that turns purple under intense light (looks white in the picture).

Yeah, the Vortecs have many programs to create flow.
I did not know if you were doing it with the Apex or a Vortec controller... I have the Tunze controller with 4 of the 6105's hooked up; I need to look at that type of a setup, the swaying back & forth looks great! I have seen many Apex programed for both kinds of pump on Reeftronics . Russ has all of the programs viewable, I am still trying to get my Apex 'out there' on the internet, then I'll worry about programs & web cams....hopefully coming soon!

After recording some of my recent videos, I thought I would reposition my reef cam to the other end of the tank. I think you can see more and the fish hangout more on that side of the tank because of their feeding clip. What do you think?
So, check out the new video feed:

Enjoy! :)

Devon, you have the coolest stuff in your tanks! I loved watching all of your videos. That eel is spectacular! (Mark is not a snake fan, so was a little hesitant to watch the whole clip. He he) I was wondering if the mantis spun out and retreated after seeing the camera? Thanks for sharing and keep em coming :clap2:

Devon, you have the coolest stuff in your tanks! I loved watching all of your videos. That eel is spectacular! (Mark is not a snake fan, so was a little hesitant to watch the whole clip. He he) I was wondering if the mantis spun out and retreated after seeing the camera? Thanks for sharing and keep em coming :clap2:

I think he did eventually see the camera. It was curiosity that made him come all the way over to the glass as he was cracking that snail open when I first grabbed my camera. I have a sheet on that end of the refuge so I was hidden, just the lens was showing of my phone.

It sure looked like he saw something by the way he was slooowly sneaking over and then took off in a cloud of stuff. They're pretty aware of everything if I remember you saying, but look to be very worth the effort of another tank. Cool!

If we didn't have a mantis shrimp I think we would try an octopus again. Very neat creatures to keep!

The Time Has Come...

Well I just got the news that we need to move houses this summer... So, that means I need to take our system down. :(

But, it gives me the opportunity to plan another tank build when we find a new house. This time I will put a tank in a wall and give it its own room. :clap2:

So, over the next few months I am going to try and sell my coral, livestock, then my tank. If anyone is interested in my livestock or knows someone interested in my 270 display tank (90" L x 20" W x 30" tall)/oak stand/40 sump/.3 HP chiller/ Mag return pumps, please send me a PM. I hope this won't be a terribly difficult process but something tells me it will be. I plan on keeping my controller, vortechs, refuge, mixing tanks & rock for the next build.

As we all know this is an expensive hobby to get into so please do a little research and shoot me a fair price via private message of the things you are interested in. Everything needs to be picked up as I will not ship.

I would rather remove my coral from the tank first as catching the fish will be an adventure. I have linked to some photos and videos of my corals and fish but more can be found on my reef blog and youtube channel in my signature line.

Coral: - Video

Hammer Coral (will break into multiples) - Video
Tree/Stick Polyp - Video
(2) Pagoda Turbinaria Coral - Video
Blue Stag Acro - Top right in video - Video
Purple Stag Acro - Below Blue Stag Acro on right - Video
Green Birdsnest - Top left in video - Video
Orange Birdsnest - Top left in video - Video
Deep water acro - Top middle, left of hammer - Video
Encrusting Monti - Photo
Yellow Scroll Coral - Left of hammer - Video
Green Pavona