DIY "Lumenarc" reflectors

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

No. I built 2 from a 14X48 tube. It was only a bit over $50 at Homedepot when I bought it but looks like the 14X20 is about $40 now, quite a price increase.

Yeah the 48" tube doubled in price now.
But still 2 for $99 is a deal.

You could download the plans to a 8"x11" piece of paper, take it to kinko's and have them blow it up to any size you want.
The 8"x11" paper needed to be blown upapprox 281% for a 14.5 square reflector.
Just take a tape measure and have them do it to your specs.

Wowza the only shipping option is next day air at $122 just for shipping to my house or work!!! I spoke to the rep and she said you can ship up to 5 2'x4' sheets in the same package and it would still be $122 for shipping. So if anyone wants to do some kind of group order for them it would be $50+ $24.40 a person for shipping.

Wowza the only shipping option is next day air at $122 just for shipping to my house or work!!! I spoke to the rep and she said you can ship up to 5 2'x4' sheets in the same package and it would still be $122 for shipping. So if anyone wants to do some kind of group order for them it would be $50+ $24.40 a person for shipping.

thats pretty ridiculous they will only ship next day air. there has to be another way to ship it.

Krisfal: how did you have yours shipped?

Tom

What the lady told me that is the only method that they have came up with in order to assure that their product arrive to their customer in the shape they sent it out. I guess they use to do it ground but you know how United Punch and Sock (UPS) treat your package. I can't tell you how much damaged product we receive in on a daily basis at my work is damaged by UPS. So it's understandable why they only ship NDA. Less freight handling= less damaged products. The sheets are shipped in a flat side reinforced card board box.

Mine was shipped ground. Seems like it was around $60 for shipping 2 sheets. But it has been over 6 months since I did this.

Workaholic, you found the site I was actually looking for, all my info is at home and I am not right now. I knew I was able to order mine online.

These are great people to work with, they even called to make sure it arrived and was in good condition!

Along time ago Ed Hahn ask me for the CAD dwgs for this project. And I think i still have it, I should be able to find it somewhere in my backup.

If anyone wants it, let me know. With this info. I can easily scale it size of width you want.

What the lady told me that is the only method that they have came up with in order to assure that their product arrive to their customer in the shape they sent it out. I guess they use to do it ground but you know how United Punch and Sock (UPS) treat your package. I can't tell you how much damaged product we receive in on a daily basis at my work is damaged by UPS. So it's understandable why they only ship NDA. Less freight handling= less damaged products. The sheets are shipped in a flat side reinforced card board box.

yeah I hear yea on that one. UPS pretty much fails at life, I have yet to have a genuinely good experience with that company. too bad it needs to be shipped next day. in order for it to be really worth while it seems like you would need to get 5 sheets. I called Alaskan copper and brass to see if they had it but they dont carry any polished metals.

Tom

can someone help me figure out how to print out the plans so all i have to do is to cut out the design from paper and pay it down on metal and just cut

Last edited:
can someone help me figure out how to print out the plans so all i have to do is to cut out the design from paper and pay it down on metal and just cut

Unless you have a really big printer, you will have to save the small scale plans on your pc. Then print out the plan to a full sheet of paper, then take that to some place like kinko's and have them print it out in full scale.
I went to a Office Depot and told them I wanted it enlarged so that where the measurement on the right side said 14", actually turned out to be 14". I told them to start at 281% enlargement. They only charged me for the copy I was happy with.
This may seem like a long way around, but this worked for me.
You can find those plans here.

here.http://www.reefdiversity.com/DIYPage/DIY_HTML/DIY_Reflector/DIY_Reflector_Drawings.htm

Back