First shots with new camera

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I should be able to fill the whole frame with some something as small as 1.1 cm

:shock::shock: That is insane...i cant wait for the shots though :D

good luck

-augustus

Man, i wish i had a bit more money, because I would pick that camera up in a heartbeat from you on craigslist. That's the problem with being in school though and having a hobby like fish tanks.... not much money for anything else!

I used it for a while in Beta but now it's production. I think you can still get a trial version that is good for a month to try it out. I like how it takes the RAW image, lets me pick the processing, and then exports it right into CS2 for final editing. It has taken quite a bit of time from my workflow.

Funny you should ask :D I'm actually down in California on business right now and I had some time today to hit the Aquarium of the Pacific and give my new 24-105mm F/4L IS lens a workout. I filled my 2 gig card and it looks like I have about 200 pics to process when I get back tomorrow :) Not to mention the first 200 shots I got of some cool rocky beaches, I'm going to be busy for a while. I'll start another thread when I post my pics from the Aquarium, I think I have tons of cool ones that turned out great.

lol. Having trouble are we? I find LR especially easy to use. Go to the import screen and import the RAW file. Click on the develop tab, make any color temp adjustments, play around with the tone curve. Then right-click to export for CS2. How easy is that? And since I haven't updated this thread in a while, here are a few new shots:

Star polyps:
IMG_4840-Edit.jpg

Goofy looking mushroom:
IMG_4834-Edit.jpg

Some SPS:
IMG_4797-Edit.jpg

Green Slimer:
IMG_4805-Edit.jpg

Paly:
IMG_4777-Edit.jpg

Slimer under actinics:
IMG_4972-Edit.jpg

Hay pal, how do you get up that close. I can only get that close if coral is within several inch of the glass. Do you have a photo box that you use. I have a macro lens.

Hay pal, how do you get up that close. I can only get that close if coral is within several inch of the glass. Do you have a photo box that you use. I have a macro lens.

I don't use any type of box, I just get the lens as close to the coral as possible. I'll be getting some killer macro's when I get my Sigma 150mm F/2.8 macro with 1.4x tele-converter and my 68mm extension tubes this week...oh that will be some macro fun.

lol. Having trouble are we? I find LR especially easy to use. Go to the import screen and import the RAW file. Click on the develop tab, make any color temp adjustments, play around with the tone curve. Then right-click to export for CS2. How easy is that?

No actually that's what I have been doing for the most part, just thought there was more to it...and I thought you should do another tutorial :p

I'll see if I can whip one up. I think the only people on here using LR are you and I though. I actually found a ton of video tutorials on google that explain LR pretty well, I just haven't had the time to sit through all of them.

Back