Gimmito 450 gal L-shaped display

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Cycle update:

Specific Gravity-1.026
Temp-78
PH-8.4
Ammonia-1.0 (added 100 drops ammonium chloride)
Nitrite-0.2 ppm
Nitrate-100 ppm

Note: I'm trying to raise the ammonia slowly, but the Red Sea Test kit I'm using goes from 1.0-2.5 ppm, so it's hard to gauge. Glad to see the Nitrite creeping up and I have a Nitrate reading already. :D

Last edited:
Re: Gimmito's 450 L-shaped display
Cycle update:

Specific Gravity-1.026
Temp-78
PH-8.4
Ammonia-0.5 (added 150 drops ammonium chloride)
Nitrite-1.0 ppm
Nitrate-250 ppm

Note: Nitrite & Nitrate are really starting to take off. :)

Cycle update:

SG (1.026)
Temp (78)
PH (8.4)
Ammonia (0.25 ppm)-added 250 drops of ammonium chloride
Nitrite (1 ppm)
Nitrate (100 ppm)

Note: I found my Salifert test kits, they are so much easier to use than the old Red Sea test kits. I'm still looking into the Hanna checkers, or I might just bite the bullet and get a Hach or LaMotte colorimeter.

69a95dd6.jpg

I finally received my Water Blaster HY-16000 return pump. Here's a little size comparison to it's lil brother the HY-3000 (which will run the media reactors).

July 20, 2011

SG (1.026)
Temp (78)
PH (8.4)
Ammonia (<0.25)
Nitrite (0.1 ppm)
Nitrate (10 ppm)

Note: Ammonia & Nitrite are barely detectable. Cycle almost complete !

91b2b84a.jpg

I got my QT back from Gen. He patched the old bulkhead holes and drilled new ones higher up. I was getting too much bubbles and a slurping sound w/the old ones being too low. I installed some new bulkheads and added tru unions for easy disassembly.

Now comes water test time. A little trick a buddy showed me (way back when) is to add a little silicone on the threads.

91b2b84a.jpg

I got my QT back from Gen. He patched the old bulkhead holes and drilled new ones higher up. I was getting too much bubbles and a slurping sound w/the old ones being too low. I installed some new bulkheads and added tru unions for easy disassembly.

Now comes water test time. A little trick a buddy showed me (way back when) is to add a little silicone on the threads.

Way cool! I can't wait to see this thing in action. :)

Way cool! I can't wait to see this thing in action. :)

Thanks Rhodes,

It was all cycled and ready to go, but will probably go through a mini cycle again. I was thinking of getting a cleanup crew first and start QT'ing them first. First fish will probably be something hardy, I really like the black ice clowns Proaquatix sells (I think 6 of them would look pretty cool).

Proaquatix

Back