Gimmito 450 gal L-shaped display

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

no experience just beendoing lots of research.....i have plumbed a 55gal(seahorse tank) into my sps reef system.....and been looking into what greens i want to grow...withot having my frags be covered in nuisance algae..i know to stay away from most caulerpa family.....some of the ulva's can be nice looking and benifical-and tangs will keep it down....but not the look as the turtle grass....its a hard one to choose....les from wet pets is helping me and a couple buddy's figure out some good ones he can collect in hawaii....its finding out if its in the pest/friend category !!...theres a thread on RF going about it

I got a chance to hookup the Water Blaster HY-16000 pump. It is indeed a beast, I have it dialed down probably 40%. I'll build a manifold to feed the skimmer & reactors and utilize the full potential of the pump. Also, it's quite a bit quiter than the hammerhead, but still audible. The test will be if the wife can hear it at night. :D

I got a chance to hookup the Water Blaster HY-16000 pump. It is indeed a beast, I have it dialed down probably 40%. I'll build a manifold to feed the skimmer & reactors and utilize the full potential of the pump. Also, it's quite a bit quiter than the hammerhead, but still audible. The test will be if the wife can hear it at night. :D

Haha!! It's funny how we hear things differently from our spouses! I remember my wife getting irritated everytime my chiller cut in and to me, that was music to my ears :lol:

dd5163b1.jpg

I finished the manifold. I have three additional feeds via gate valves for a bio pellet reactor, skimmer, & carbon reactor.

d0e48a78.jpg

Pic of the manifold feeding the skimmer and carbon reactor.

28071b4f.jpg

f432616a.jpg

Pic of manifold feed for the bio pellet reactor. I'm using Coralvue biosphere pellets. The recommended amount is 100-150 ml per 25 gal of water. I want to start out gradually and will use 800 ml. Also, I know it's recommended to place the output of the reactor near the intake of the skimmer. Since I have a recirculating skimmer, should I tie it in the feed line in the skimmer ? Any advice on bio pellet usage would be appreciated.

Back