Gimmito 450 gal L-shaped display

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

sweet...wrasses look good...i had a pair of carpenter wrasses for 2yrs, but 6 mos ago, I found the wrasses on the garage floor. prolly the large PT trigger spook the wrasse out of the tank :(

9689c411.jpg

a978c0e5.jpg

Jeremy (Tuberider) was kind enough to swing by and hook up the Geo 612 and dial in the Aquarium Plants regulator. :D

Last edited:

What's up Jim! I really like your video and description of what's going on in there. Well done! The quarantine looks very peaceful. Those tangs look great!

That's the second reference to "making the wife happy and you will be happy" I have heard tonight on this board! LOL! I think God is trying to say something to me ;)

I have to thank Shaun of Sunlight Supply for recommending buying angle iron at HD for my light racks. I bought six 8' sticks of 1" angle iron and was going to rivet it, but found a welder who said he could weld the angle iron (trying to find a welder to weld aluminum has been a pain).

Here's a pic of Joe at Metalworx in action.

f33d825d.jpg

69045531.jpg

8955a548.jpg

I used a couple of wire suspension kits from Sunlight Supply and bought some 1/4" stainless steel nuts from OSH to secure them.

8cf1d9d5.jpg

Here's a pic of the final product. I'm using Lumenmax Elite reflectors, Lumentek electronic/switchable ballast, & Ushio 14k se bulbs. I'm contemplating having a glass shop cut some low iron glass to protect the bulbs from splashes. Any thoughts ?

Back