Gimmito 450 gal L-shaped display

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Nice vids man! That tang is really cool! I watched the videos last night and didn't get a chance to reply. Slowly but surely you are getting all stocked up! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...bummed out to find the tangs dead this morning. :(

I did a large water change and dosed malachite green/formalyn. The pair of diamond gobies are fine though. I did turn off the skimmer during the treatment. I suspect the tangs were more sensitive than the gobies to the medicine. I'm also wondering if there was a drop in orp ?

thats sad sorry to hear.....been watchin progress for awhile now looking sweet....would you want to do a full fish room video?......i have a 75dt with a lawnmower & bicolor blenny.. i put them in 5 months diff. in time and there best buds...i was worried at first but there has never been any issues

...bummed out to find the tangs dead this morning. :(

I did a large water change and dosed malachite green/formalyn. The pair of diamond gobies are fine though. I did turn off the skimmer during the treatment. I suspect the tangs were more sensitive than the gobies to the medicine. I'm also wondering if there was a drop in orp ?

Wow! Sorry to hear dude:(. If you are concerned or curious as to what happened here maybe you can throw it out to Lee and see what he comes up with. Such a bummer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn Jim, I'm bummed for you also. IME Tangs seem to be quite tollerant of those meds so curious as to what Lee would have to say as well. While in Hawaii collecting we pretty much put all fish in a 24 hour Formalin bath before going into holding tanks with Cupramine. No losses and or negative reactions that I noticed while there. I just lost my Kole of 2 years to a Ich outbreak and ratyher irritated with self for not doing a hypo treatment on all existing fish before tranferring into new system.
Hopefully you will get it figured out soon. Check out Les with 'Wet Pets Hawaii' if you haven't already when ready for replacement of both Tangs.

Cheers, Todd

08ab13cd.jpg

Yellow Tangs released in main display.

jim,

wheew..glad to see these tangs aren't the ones that died....now you need a pair or 3 of flame angels to get a dash of RED in there. :)
looks good.

Back