Gimmito 450 gal L-shaped display

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I received some news from Ed regarding the Sea Sweep. The economy model will be $199 and the deluxe model will be $249. The difference is the economy model uses the same motor as the 1" Sea Swirl and the deluxe model uses the same motor as the 1 1/2" model. Having used the deluxe model, I can tell you it's much more stronger and very quite. Well worth the extra 50 bucks IMO.

The Sea Sweep will come out some time in May and can be ordered directly from Aquarium Currents for this special introductory price.

Good news Jim, thanks for posting it up and will have to look into it as my SeaSwirl on return is toast.

Cheers, Todd

Jim,

nice to see the blueface isnt shy and trying to get some algae...good sign for an angel.

Jim,

nice looking....do you plan on adding any more fish?

once the purple tang is in the main tank, any other addition will get a hostile greeting from it..which is why it is usually the last fish added to a tank.
(they tend to be very territorial).

Hi Kirk,

I do plan on adding more fish...clowns...anthias...mandarins. The purple tang is super shy, but who knows how it will react once in the big tank ?

Jim,

from past experience his behavior will change..trust me...but the fish you mention should be OK and not be bothered.

ddb11b03.jpg

I noticed one of the seale cardinalfish with a serious chunk of it's fin torn off. I suspect it's the dominant female chasing off other cardinalfish while it's mate is mouth brooding (below). Should I be concerned about infection ?

Kirk,

That is a tough order ! I might try feeding frozen fish food in a large glass bowl and scoop him up if any infection rears it's ugly head. I'll add some beta glucan to the food also to help boost the fish immune system.

believe me i know how hard it is to catch small fish in a large tank...frustrating to say the least...good call on the beta glucan which most ppl do not use...beta glucan is to be use short term not long term...lee has a sticky about this in his forum, i think under medicines u should have

I heard training your fish to eat out of a large glass bowl from a guy who worked at Premium Aquatics. He said it made scooping out fish easy peasy. I first heard about using beta glucan to (for 7-10 days) boost fish immune system from Kelly Jedlicki. The stuffs easy to find at health food stores.

Back