Gimmito 450 gal L-shaped display

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks guys....I hope to start framing out the hood soon. My brother-in-law is a cabinet maker and took some measurement when he was up here last week. I plan on having 2 bookcases on either side of the tank (12" deep). This will leave me w/ a little over 12" to view the tank on each sides.

8c3085dccdf545f7a692c296f32497a9

Pic of left overflow.

I think 8 Vortech's Mounted on the ends would be the ultimate for flow(But expensive). For the return just a manifold keeping it down to just around 1100 GPH. Make sure you got it plumbed for waste water removal when doing water changes you don't want to rust your main out over time.I love the family tank shot. I would make a t-shirt out of it!

Have Fun , looks like a nice tank!

Paul

This is pretty unique. I like the use of space. I can't wait to see this thing finished.

I also can't wait to get home from Cambodia to finish my tank though.

did u say u were only gonna put one 400watt on there ??? looks nice gonna be alot of acrlyc to clean

In that size tank.... Almost anything he wants. I wish I have the space for a tank that size. Well I do but it would be the garage LOL. I can imagine the fish I would have in there right now.

I think 8 Vortech's Mounted on the ends would be the ultimate for flow(But expensive). For the return just a manifold keeping it down to just around 1100 GPH. Make sure you got it plumbed for waste water removal when doing water changes you don't want to rust your main out over time.I love the family tank shot. I would make a t-shirt out of it!

Have Fun , looks like a nice tank!

Paul

Paul,

I would love to put 8 vortechs in there, but I'll probably end up w/half that amount. I was thinking of 4 vortechs, tunze wave box, & have the returns w/atleast 2 to 4 eductors. I'm shooting for atleast 20,000 gph turnover.

Since we are remodeling I did have the opportunity to place a 3" floor drain for easy water changes. :D

aa60d4c5fab2490d8282d0a93ee14720

Thanks for the comment on the kiddies. I can only claim 2 as mine, the other 3 are my nephew and nieces...if I had 5 kids there is no way I could afford a tank ! :eek:

This is pretty unique. I like the use of space. I can't wait to see this thing finished.

Akunochi,

Thanks for the compliment, I had to get creative w/ the design of the tank. I wanted a 6 foot tank (to accomadate tangs and the like) and a 4 foot deep tank to give a sense of depth. Unfortunately, I had to have the tank made to wrap around a post, but w/some creative rock scaping you won't notice it. ;)

I also can't wait to get home from Cambodia to finish my tank though.

What type of tank are you setting up ?

did u say u were only gonna put one 400watt on there ??? looks nice gonna be alot of acrlyc to clean

Morgan,

I'm going to see if I can get away w/ four 400 watt lumenbrite reflectors. I've even toyed with the idea of light rails. Since I plan on having a large canyon down the middle, I might just put some T5's in middle and give it some atinic supplementation.

I definitely am not looking forward to cleaning...maybe I can include that in my son's chores. ;)

Last edited:
Back