Great deal on 5 stage RO unit

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Is this unit any good. I'm tired of lugging gallons of water from work, but like many other people in this hobby, especially those married, I am on a strict budget. I'm so glad my wife never reads these threads. ;) :D Anyone with experience, I would like unbiased opinions.

It seems like an ok deal. Looks like ever add on is an additional charge of 20.00 here and 20.00 there.

I just bought a 6-stage 100 gpd RO/DI with auto shut off valve, psi meter, all tubing and fittings to hook it up, huge refillable DI cartridge. Mine doesn't have the chloramine buster though but it does have dual carbon filters then a final coconut carbon polisher for the water. If you had to have the chloramine buster you could buy the cartridge from Buckeyefield.com for 15.00 and switch out one of the carbon filters. I don't even know if Seattle uses chloramine or what. Guess I should check.

Last edited:
$72.00 for a 6-stage 100gpd RO/DI?????

PWEASE say you have a link, for information on where others can purchase such an awesome deal like this one Matt??????

I would go to RC and do a search on the maker, back about a year or so a go

Mike

LakeEd said:
$72.00 for a 6-stage 100gpd RO/DI?????

PWEASE say you have a link, for information on where others can purchase such an awesome deal like this one Matt??????

They range in price from 69.99 to 108.00 depending on whether you want a 4 gallon (actual 3.2 gallons) tank with it or not.

I am very pleased with the RO/DI unit. I am also very pleased with the support I've received. They have answered all emails within 12 hours.

The only drawback to the unit is it does not have clear canisters but white ones. Doesn't really matter to me as long as it produces 0 TDS water. It produces 1 TDS after the membrane and 0 TDS after the DI cartridge. The DI cartridge is huge....alot larger than my old Kent Hi-S unit.

The rejection rate of the 100 gpd membrane is 90% though so the 100 gpd membrane isn't the most efficient membrane out there. But all 100 gpd membranes are this way. You can drop down to a 75 gpd membrane and it's 98%/99% rejection rate.

Anyway I'm very happy with my new RO unit.

here is the link. It's an e-bay store and they are in Vancouver BC so shipping is only a day. I ordered on Monday night and it was shipped on Tuesday and it was here on Wednesday.

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Aqua-Safe-Pure-Water-Shop_W0QQsspagenameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

mattseattle said:
They range in price from 69.99 to 108.00 depending on whether you want a 4 gallon (actual 3.2 gallons) tank with it or not.

I am very pleased with the RO/DI unit. I am also very pleased with the support I've received. They have answered all emails within 12 hours.

The only drawback to the unit is it does not have clear canisters but white ones. Doesn't really matter to me as long as it produces 0 TDS water. It produces 1 TDS after the membrane and 0 TDS after the DI cartridge. The DI cartridge is huge....alot larger than my old Kent Hi-S unit.

The rejection rate of the 100 gpd membrane is 90% though so the 100 gpd membrane isn't the most efficient membrane out there. But all 100 gpd membranes are this way. You can drop down to a 75 gpd membrane and it's 98%/99% rejection rate.

Anyway I'm very happy with my new RO unit.

here is the link. It's an e-bay store and they are in Vancouver BC so shipping is only a day. I ordered on Monday night and it was shipped on Tuesday and it was here on Wednesday.

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Aqua-Safe-Pure-Water-Shop_W0QQsspagenameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

EXACT information I needed! THANKY THANKY THANKY!!!!!! *Big Smile*

Thanks for all of the info. Is anyone a premium member at RC. There search engine is always disabled. Maybe it it time to pay $24. Maybe that is the point. Thanks again for all of the advice.

aaron

ARE THEY REALLY SELL THIS RO/DI FOR ONLY 69.00$???
How is it possible?!!!

did you all buy the RO/DI unit on E-bay?
or may be somebody out there can help me out as this is my first time ordering things from e-bay

Need Help please i needed RO/DI Unit(Diatom,Cyano,Hair bad algaes i've got them all in my system)

Klever,

I ordered the following from E-bay;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20684&item=4365582234

I'm VERY happy with my unit! $79.50 plus shipping came to $104 for me. I don't know what the shipping cost would be to Bangkok though (looks like possiblly $68???)... but I'm sure they will notify you. They do post their phone number in their E-Bay add, you could try talking to them. I ordered my unit on Friday, and it was at my doorstep the following Wednesday night. Came with good instructions (e-mailed to me) for setup and any possible troubleshooting you may need in the future as well. I'm very happy with their product.

I have one as well. I am very very happy with it. I also bought the case of pre filters and deion resin. Great deal. I make tons of water with it and have been very happy with it. Only problem I had is they accidently left out the check valve so the auto shut off valve wouldnt kick over. They fixed it quick as soon as we figured it out. Good people. Reccomended. Steve

Thank a lot ED, Steve
I've just got the reply mail from them. i'll ask my friends at local fish club if anyone may interest

anyway RO 4stage in thailand they sell for like $150us dollar per unit RO without DI!
Also today i just call to the IWAKI Thailand to ask for the price for MD100RLT guess how much.
the price is $510us dollar!(I saw price on marinedepot.com is $354us dollar)
just want to share......

Back