Herefishyfishy's 180g, one more time

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I am open to any time you say. 10am in Bellevue works just fine for me or whatever it ends up being I am good. Just let me know.

Well - Kirk, Todd, Eric, Dave, Duane, Graham and all the other wonderful people who generously offered to help, next Saturday sounds great!
After the tank is moved, we could all do beer and pizza or something. I obviously pay for gas

Please add me to the list. My last big move was done with a UHaul covered trailer and it was cheap ($30), low loading, and more than wide enough to put tank and stand side by side. The UHaul truck is about the same $ before you pay mileage.

-Paul

Mike,
I got the approval from the boss (aka wife) to help you on Saturday..10am is fine with me..maybe Tood, you and I could carpool???

just let me know what the plan is.
Kirk

Very nice tank and stand!...Hey let me know if You need any help...I have a big crewcab truck with canopy and/or a trailer with ramp and moving blankets, straps, coaster dollies etc...hehe and always up for helping out :)

You guys are great!!!!
With this many helpers, it will go fast. How about we push it up to 11:00 AM Saturday. With 2 trucks, could get the tank and stand and garage full of equipment moved in 1/2 hour or so, back here, unloaded and into office, and time for some good ale (soda available) and pizza lunch.
Those offering use of a truck and those who want to help with move, please PM me for my cell phone and the bellevue address. With this data, I will confirm with the Bellevue guy and plan all the arrangements for any carpooling, etc.

The tank move is on for Saturday! 11:00 am Sat Feb 26th

Have two trucks confirmed to be there at 11:00
home owner's name is Paul M.
16260 NE 18th St
Bellevue 98008
can pm for my CELL PHONE NUMBER as needed
Mike Shifton
Herefishyfishy

Pizza, scratch cookies and barley beverages afterwards :>)

We will see Ya there tomorrow :)

The tank move is on for Saturday! 11:00 am Sat Feb 26th

Have two trucks confirmed to be there at 11:00
home owner's name is Paul M.
16260 NE 18th St
Bellevue 98008
can pm for my CELL PHONE NUMBER as needed
Mike Shifton
Herefishyfishy

Pizza, scratch cookies and barley beverages afterwards :>)

Come on Mike, where are the update pics? It's been two full days since we put that tank in place in your office. I would expect it to be stuffed to the gills already :D.

After about 50 more hours of moving stuff from tank to tank, the 180 is plumbed, hooked up to controller, and 90% oif livestock inside. Only lost one sick fish and nearly nuked one ordinary acan. They have been in tank one night and this morning and already all swimming and corals opening up.

41713d1299180049-herefishyfishys-180g-one-more-time-180.2-mar-03.jpg

41712d1299180049-herefishyfishys-180g-one-more-time-180-mar-03.jpg

Attachments

• 180  Mar 03.jpg
    180 Mar 03.jpg
    78.9 KB
  • 180.2 Mar 03.jpg
    180.2 Mar 03.jpg
    64.3 KB
Last edited:
Based on a fiberglass pegged limestone liverock base first level, second level tonga joined to first on pegs into drilled holes. Third level is epoxy putty connected, top level is fit (wedged) into place. All leaning toward back and sides. My first ever stable wall. I think it would withstand an earthquake. There are 4 major caves all the way to the back. Third cave to right is blocked by RBTA on the right. Had quite the clown fight after many told me never too many clowns. Two dominant Oci females went to war. Barely managed to catch one female out. The extra two new males are still cruising near the group and no big fights, but not accepted. Have a breeding pair of Aussy clarkys and a breeding trio of Ocellaris and two abandoned males. Three angels, three tangs, a couple wrasses, and another 10 or so.

Finally can take a break!

Nice Mike. It looks too small already :eek: Nice work on the rock and coral placements. Gonna have to come by and see it in real life to get the full impact thought, I'm sure. Beautiful.

Yes Mike, Eric is correct... way to small already and since you took the easy way out :violin: by purchasing a complete system that someone else worked really hard at your basically done! So Eric and I will keep a lookout for a nice 300-400g for you. But since the nice guys that we are :whistle: and you being the Old Man and all :boink: we'll give you a month or two to rest up a bit :couch2:. Well seriously though... hmmm... no thats pretty much it :tape2:

OK OK Good job man looks awsome.

Cheers, Todd

P.S. Bold type for you Seniors :tongue:

It looks fantastic Mike! I guess it is time for another trip south to make a personal inspection!

hey mike

Hey, its Cody, Johnnys Son.

looks good i really like the rock work.

poor little pipe fish died?
that guy was awesome as soon i saw him and i got home i asked barrier reef if they could get some :D that has to be one of the coolest fishes.

Back