Herefishyfishy's 180g, one more time

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks guys, looking better today after some temporary rock got removed.
Pipey is doing very well. They are hard to find. I have been trying to find a second one for over a year. You can get dragonface and banded pipes, but not these yellow stripe for some reason. They are not supposed to be expencive nor rare, but...

I asked barrier if they can get them they said yea when there available he will order them and there 39.99 each.

Seriously, that has to be one of the most unique and impressive aquarium stands I have ever seen. I can't wait to see what that grows into.

Love the softy tank that you are selling as well. I was really tempted to meet your offer on that even though I told myself no more bowfronts due to the cleaning factor. Glad your move went well, that is never fun.

I have never had any problem keeping the front clean. With glass, can use razor blades. On bow fronts go side to side in lieu of up and down.

Thanks for having me by, your new 180 has to be the most impressive tank I've seen in person. Better be careful or the Seattle Aquarium might come by and try and steal it!

I know you were saying usually you don't add so many fish, but that was literally a moving wall of color. Your wife ever have a hard time getting you out of that room? :biggrin:

Nice meeting you too.
Am in this office from 6:00 AM till 3:00 PM and many times after until bed. Run two businesses from this room...
Tank is stabilizing after 100 hours+ of set-up and adjustment, taking less work each day to keep it happy.
Will be enjoying it any day now. Pics coming soon...

awesome

I saw that tank a couple of weeks ago and it is still fresh in my mind, absolutely amazing...Mike ain't to bad either!!!!

to grow coralline algae (the purple stuff) :), you need good lighting and calcium at level 400-450 for a sustainable period of time. will also need to check on Mg level to make sure it is 1250-1350 level..this will ensure calcium levels stay stable.

My water quality is decent, Calcium is at 440ppm nitrates is at 10ppm, gravitiy is 1.024 at 78 degrees. I have my metal halides on from noon to 5pm and my 4x54 T5 Atinics from 10:30 to 6:30 everyday. I have a few rocks with coraline algae on there. I have two power heads 800 gph in a 80 gal bow front tank with a 30 gallon sump. I have one power head blowing at one rock with coraline algae. Is there anything I should focus on to have coraline algae grow faster?

I heard from someone that halides slow the growth of coraline algae and that it mostly just needs attinics. What do you recommend me having as of timing with the halides?

I have halides on for 7 hrs and haven't notice a decline in coralline
Check out my webcam link to see for
yourself

Wow that's the most beautiful set up I have seen :) Very awesome Mike if I'm ever up North I would love to stop by & see it :)

Been pretty busy with Bangaii babies and the gardens.
Have changed a few things in the 180, will take some pictures soon.
Here is a snap I took today of the 20 babies. Almost dime sized including fins. Have one quarter size too.

487392_459915574025197_100000202758299_1916239_1768417361_n.jpg

Back