Jiddy's 220g MASTERPIECE!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

To be honest, you could probasbly lose 100-150 lbs of that base rock. That is really going restrict your flow pattern, leading to a bunch of detritus getting built up. Then it would be one heck of alot easier to aquascape that thing.
By the way, nice field of caulerpa!! :D :D :D

LOL!!!
well jiddy all i can say is that if you go to Canada, you better come here first then, may be your son can teach mine how to eat because the here comes the chu chu is just not working anymore in here :( .

I think your right Charlie, i was going to let it seed a bit and start another tank with it, but i think i would rather aquascape before i invest in corals. Its not that far for you to come over here and help Charlie.....

WayUp- you really do in the UpNorth part then huh, do you have polar bears around you?

Gab, im afraid my son would still your sons food before he would help teach him to eat, lol

Not quite that far north. Polar bears are more in the east and quite a bit further north on the ocean. Blacks and grizzly though - in fact I saw 3 black bear today plus 6 cariboo, 2 moose, 1 elk, 2 dead moose and 3 burned up pickups on the side of the highway.

Not quite that far north. Polar bears are more in the east and quite a bit further north on the ocean. Blacks and grizzly though - in fact I saw 3 black bear today plus 6 cariboo, 2 moose, 1 elk, 2 dead moose and 3 burned up pickups on the side of the highway.

Another good reason why it is Better in the Bahamas :D

Aahh Krish I would love to come to the Bahamas - for a holiday. Boy 2 or 3 weeks of surf and sun about February would be so wonderful. But then I would have to come back to my mountains, wildlife and wilderness. Sorry.

Just wanted to tell everyone that my wife found the pep shrimp today. He likes to hide in one of the many caves i have

Gab, im afraid my son would still your sons food before he would help teach him to eat, lol

i don't mind lol

:eek: uhh nice ehh i mean sort of scary eh :D .

back to topic.. ddoood that's kewl that you found the pep shrimp.
by the way have you seen if you got any sort of nice hitchihkers, like feather dusters or anything like that?

I did have feather dusters but the wrasse ate them. All ive seen was pods when i moved around my caulerpa.

My question is i have this "sand-like" buildup in the front center part of the tank. I noticed that my CL's dont blow that area and was curious of some ideas to get flow to that part of the tank, and what that sand stuff was

Also, there is a guy at work that needs some snails for his 65 (the tank i got the rock/fish from) and i was wonderin if i should give him some of mine since my algae is almost ALL gone?

Last edited:
Also, there is a guy at work that needs some snails for his 65 (the tank i got the rock/fish from) and i was wonderin if i should give him some of mine since my algae is almost ALL gone?

hey dood, if you wanna give your snails away go ahead, but if i was you i would try keeping them because snails keep your tank clean and trust me, snails don't live to long hehe.
Now i don't knwo anything about the "sand" stuff, but if you wanna get your flow there, i believe you gotta do your aquascaping hehe.
I dont remember what type of flow you got so i don't know if you can try moving a little bit.

I wouldn't worry about them starving Jid as they also are great for eating fish poop (depending on what kind of snail) and algea is usually present it's just if you have the proper clean up crew like snails they keep it in check for you.

i agree with wayupnorth dood
dood i know you think you are done, but just like he says there's fish poop, there's stuff they eat from the glass that you might not see etc. but like i told you is up to you dood, just wait a year and a half and we'll see if you still got all of them :D

Well im talkin about astrea snails, do they eat fish poop?

Also im going to add a pair of clowns and wanted to take out my damsel before. My YT who is very nice/shy will be the only one left in the tank, should i worry about him at all?

i believe they do, but i think they are more of an algae control like i said there's gonna be stuff on your glass that you might not see but that they eat.

what other fishes do you have in there? i wouldn't worry i mean when i introduced my clowns into the tank, my damsel wanted to pick on them, but i believe he realized he was to small to fight the clowns hehhe and so after that, my clowns started to pick on him :D

Back