Jiddy's 220g MASTERPIECE!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jiffy! What in the world did you do to your tank! We said reef...Not wall!!!(LOL) Just kidding Jiff! You deserved that for telling me there is a god for my computer being down(LOL) For saying that, that wall's gonna fall like Jericho!!!(LOL) Just messing with ya! It looks a lot better than what you had there before for sure. I hope this thread ends soon...Errr...I mean...I hope everything continues on a positive note for you with your tank!(LOL) Good job Jiff and still a great thread I guess!(LOL)

Jiddy - not so much on the coloration being a problem, but the same body shape and size can be problematic....which is why two tangs of the same genus don't do well together, two tangs of the same species don't do well together, unless in a very large tank. You'd be surprised at how well a Rabbitfish can defend itself. I put my new Magnificant rabbitfish (not yellow btw...they are white with a black saddle mark), and she is smaller than my Kole tang. First thing she did was show off her spines during a couple of spars with the tang, then all was nice in the tank again. No one wants to mess with those spines.

As per angels....if you don't want to risk the pygmy angels nipping at any corals, then you can always go for Genicanthus sp. angels. These are angels like the Bellus Angel (beautiful fish), Lamarck's angel, Blackspot Angel, and Watanabe's Angel. The Genicanthus angels show sexual dimophism (boys and girls look different), so if you can find a male and female you can keep them together. Here's your reading material: Genus Genicanthus Angelfishes, and Genicanthus Angels by Henry C Shultz

Heres some pics of the green/mint zoo's i got a while back.

And i noticed some "cotton puffs" growing on my caulpera in the sump, at the tips of the puffs is a little tenacle or root thingy that looks like an anemone type thing. Best shots i could get since they are in Sump

And my leather that is doing really well, but i noticed the bottome edges are "picked at" Im guessin its my crabs but would like some input

Last edited:
Hey Jiddy, the zoos and the leather do look really good. Not to sure about the cotton puffs, maybe you should yank that stuff and get some chaeto....

Just checked out that link, "zoanthid mushrooms" "large polyp stony coral" What are those guys smoking? I want some.

I cant complain about the company, i like the customer service, and i found out that in this hobby and this country, you cant take that for granted, but not only does this beautiful blue zoo that is picture not what the customer gets, and i know the description says assorted colors and list the 3 colors that i recieved, but i noticed that they sell a light green zoo (the one i really got) for a few dollars cheaper than the nice blue one that i didnt get, lol, so whatever they are smokin Tom, you can thank me for payin for it, lol

LOL- that picture looks like an actinic shot :D

Not sure what's growing on your algae....can you get a closer pic? (I know I know...you said those were the best shots). Do the "tentacles" retract when disturbed? or does it resemble having tentacles? Could it be a sponge....does it look like a pineapple but white?

yes, it looks like a white pineapple Nikki, ill go home and bug it to see if it retracts, im assumin it wont matter

You guys are just sayin that because your my friend, check out this link.... this is what zoo's i bought, dont look anything like them.

Atleast you've got some colors in there regardless of what you think of them...All I have is black, white, and brown so far. Looks good!

Jiddy said:
yes, it looks like a white pineapple Nikki, ill go home and bug it to see if it retracts, im assumin it wont matter

I asked about the retraction because you used the words tentacle and anemone-like. The Pineapple shape is more telling. Does it look like this at all? Scypha ciliata. It is a harmless sponge, sometimes referred to as a Q-Tip sponge, or Pineapple Sponge.

krish75 said:
Atleast you've got some colors in there regardless of what you think of them...All I have is black, white, and brown so far. Looks good!

Thanks Krish, your just sayin that for the post (lol) The thing was i was impressed with my zoo's even thou they werent the blues, its just i stumbled upon there site today and looked again, and wowzer there is a big differance, but i didnt mind, until i seen they sell the ones i got for a cheaper price somewere else on the site, now i think that is a lil shady. Dont worry you can have a frag to brighten your tank, you just have to pay for shippen, lol

NaH2O said:
I asked about the retraction because you used the words tentacle and anemone-like. The Pineapple shape is more telling. Does it look like this at all? Scypha ciliata. It is a harmless sponge, sometimes referred to as a Q-Tip sponge, or Pineapple Sponge.

yea, thats what it is Nikki, and i knew i was hintin that it may be like aiptasia but its not that, so these wierd sponges, where did they come from and why do they like my caulerpa?

Dont worry you can have a frag to brighten your tank, you just have to pay for shippen, lol

No prob...But then again, I get them free in the ocean:shock: . All I have to do is pay for gas to get there:D

Things are looking pretty good Jiddy, have you got any updated full tank shots we can look at.
Nikki's got the sponge nailed, they are harmless and just add to the filter feeding critters that you never know about that are in your system.
Good job!!

I'm really sorry you didn't get what you were expecting dood :( i guess sometimes it happens.
I agree with Charlie, we wanna see some full tank pictures :D .

Back