jlehigh's 280 Pic Blowout!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

hey dood i just wanted to tell you that you got a really kewl tank :) .
i love your pictures and i can't wait to see what happens with your zoo bed :)

I concatenated three pics to try and get a full tank shot the other night

Boy...That's really something when you have to do that to fit your tank on a page! I have to blow up my pictures so you can see it(LOL) Nice photos again...I'm always up for a pic or two.

Happy SuperBowl Weekend!!

I thought I'd post a few updates, since I've spent some time around the tank today. A local bud built me the sweetest fluidized reactor.. I'll post pics sometime soon.

TankCenter2_06.jpg

WABlu2_06.jpg

CreamAcro2_06.jpg

BluStag2_06.jpg

Rose2_06.jpg

Thanks Guys.

Reed! I forgot to give you the Sarmentosa frag (casualty) from it's cliff diving adventure :) Remind me next time and I'll keep it safe..

The zoos on the bottom are awesome!!! All the pictures are great!! Thanks for posting them it is alwaye cool to get to see a mature tank, hopefully one of these days I will be there!!

Jason

hehehe Yup Gabby... 70 gal water changes use up the salt pretty quick :)

Thanks Dieselbreath. I don't think of my tank as mature yet, it's probably in its puberty lol Zoos are great until they do too well. Folks who eventually want to have an SPS only tank may want to consider keeping Zoos of your rocks.

Ooooooooo...samentosa eh? I like that. Once you get your frag growout area running I'll frag that tabling milli and the blue/purple one for you (or any other you want).

Go Hawks!!!!!!

hehehe Yup Gabby... 70 gal water changes use up the salt pretty quick

you know i always wonder ... 6 buckets? what is he doing in there? :D .
i really like your blue sps (the one by the clam) it looks really pretty :).

This weekend I had a special delivery of this georgouse CA reactor.. This was skillfully made by "The Man" :) This is a fluidized reactor and you can see the CA media rumbling around in the chamber. The yellow pump is a Panworld which is simply circulating the media and water/Co2 in the chamber.

It was very easy to get running other than some Eheim pump trouble I had trying to feed the thing. The eheim pump wasn't getting water into the reactor chamber so I walked off to do something else. I came back to about 15gal on the garage floor because it all the sudden it decided to kick in and was shooting water out of the CO2 input which I hadn't hooked up yet :) (yes I am that careless at times)

CA_Reactor1.jpg

CA_Reactor2.jpg

It sure is going to be nice to have consistent CA and Alk levels once it's totally dialed in.. Maybe "The Man" will pipe-in and take credit where credit is due :)

well as long as "the man" is not the guy who has a restaurant near Seattle and who walks around making you eat his really really hot sauce ... then you are set :D.

lol no Gabby, He doesnt own Dixie's.. That guy busts me up.. I can't believe he is still pushing his sauce on the neive :) I'll have to head over there for some BBQ soon.

lol no Gabby, He doesnt own Dixie's.. That guy busts me up.. I can't believe he is still pushing his sauce on the neive I'll have to head over there for some BBQ soon.

lol yeah :D, they have good food and "the man" is a really funny guy :D.
May be it's me but for some reason i feel like your Ca reactor looks different in compare with what i have seen :).... or may be i'm just dreaming :p .
But for your monster tank i'm sure is gonna do a really good job.

Please excuse the messy bottom

ohh boy yeah talk about messy, if you want i'll take your corals so it's less messy :D .
your tank is just to pretty :) and talk about the coralline growing in there

Thank ya ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing it a year from now.. There's allot of changes I am making for the better throughout the system and I am almost to a stocking freeze where I will not buy any more coral and just watch it grow into the space.

Back