Krish's "Rubik's cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

BTW, I couldn't help but notice that other coral that looks just like a MaxiJet. What's up with that, closed-loop-boy?

And seriously... I'm really envious. It makes me want to set up a new tank, all clean style with swaying gorgonians. Actually, as I keep looking at it, I realize why it looks so good. It's a single species, not a mish-mash of every cool looking coral out there. That's why our tanks generally look so unnatural, they're a smorgasborg of corals.

You have me rethinking my ideas of this hobby, with this photo alone. Good job, Krish. The wheels upstairs are turning....

Very cool! Thanks for the link Jason! That is exactly it! I have to order some bulbs tomorrow for a friend of mine so I will order some food for it. I have them just wedged at the base between 2 rocks or snugly pushed inside of holes in the live rock. They got knocked over a few times from the flow, but I think they are positioned right now. I didn't want to glue them incase they didn't make it so we'll see. :)

Sherman said:
BTW, I couldn't help but notice that other coral that looks just like a MaxiJet. What's up with that, closed-loop-boy?

And seriously... I'm really envious. It makes me want to set up a new tank, all clean style with swaying gorgonians. Actually, as I keep looking at it, I realize why it looks so good. It's a single species, not a mish-mash of every cool looking coral out there. That's why our tanks generally look so unnatural, they're a smorgasborg of corals.

You have me rethinking my ideas of this hobby, with this photo alone. Good job, Krish. The wheels upstairs are turning....

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't let the wheels spin Sherm, creates a really nasty burning rubber smell. I actually think alot more hobbiests may be going to species specific tanks. Good thought.

ROFL! Yeah, thought I'd give them the extra flow so I popped it back in there. At first I thought they were sea fans without the fans(LOL)

Thanks Jason...There are tons of them out there! Also, some that look like wheat in a wheat field. It really adds color to the tank and movement. Before I couldn't tell what my flow was doing unless I fed the fish, but now I see what it is doing as they sway back and forth. Hopefully they do well. I keep a clean tank and I'm particular about things so hopefully they won't be too much of a challenge:) I took a few more pics and I'm going to upload them and see how they came out. The link you sent said they were nocturnal so I may have to surprise them later after the lights have been off for a while:)

Thanks again Charlie Gabby and Scott for your replies as well:D

well if hobbysts were going just with one species... then i'm already ahead of the game with my kenya trees :p .
I really hope they make it in your tank dood :) .

Thanks guys...I'm going to throw up a thread so the others can see as well because really only wierdos come in here:p

The polyps are coming out a bit more today than yesterday;) You can tell where in the full tank shot where the polyps are extended:)

Now your Doing it DOOD Way to go man, you must have something right for them to be perking up so quickly!
Congrats:D

Sweet congrats Krish!

Those look sweet.

My opinion, if it counts here :p , Corals are not that important to acclimate. Unless you have salinity WAY diffrent than your LFS or Backyard. I have lost more corals acclimating than I have just taking them out of the bag or bucket and adding them to my tank.

Thanks Ron!:) Yeah, I just checked the salinty and both were exact and did the finger test thingy :oops: and dropped them in. They had already been through a lot so I didn't want to waste any time. Hopefully them being exposed to air doesn't cause any issues:)

Naw. Corals can stay out of water for an amazing amount of time.

(I know I am going to get critisized for this haha.)

Back