Krish's "Rubik's cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Will we ever finish our tanks Krish? Man It seems to go on forever LOL but I figure by the time you get yours done I might have rocks in mine

ROFL! What I have in mind for this new pump and plumbing setup, I may end up with about 11 nozzles! :eek: I'm going to stir the hell out of this tank this round;)

I just got a call and my stuff is being dropped off this morning!:D I made the shelf yesterday that will support both external pumps and have all the plumbing I will need so when I get home, I will be draining the tank and plumbing in that other pump. So for flow, I will have (2) 1500 gph pumps and (1) 950 gph return on my little 2 ft tank!;)

I would have gotten a Sequence pump from the start, but the 2 inch and 1.5 inch inputs and outputs are too bulky for where I have my tank. That size plumbing is insane!!! :eek:

You could reduce the input to 1 1/2" with a little loss but no issues with the pump, I called & asked about that.
BTW that is their newest little pump.

WOW! their newest little pump has a 2 inch suction:lol: My pumps have 1 inch suction and discharge which works really well for my size tank. Whenever when I go back to a bigger tank, then I'll use some of those Sequence pumps. You guys would see flow then! :eek: I only went small in the beginning because I didn't really know what I was dealing with where closed loops are concerned because the majority of my flow came from Tunzes, but now I know...Watch out for me when I get a 6 footer!:D

Why didn't I see that before!!!!(ROFL) That pump works out to about 2,000 or so gph right? If I calculated that right, I'm still a bit better off with running the 2 pumps because I will get about 3,000 gph for under $200. Now if I was just going to run one pump (like I had planned from day 1) then that Sequence pump may have done it for me by itself!:)

I figured I'd just transfer over the pics from the other thread for the record. I'll update photos later when I figure out the nozzle placement:)

How is the noise level, with the dueling Quiet Ones?

What noise???(LOL) They are real quiet! They come with a rubber pad you put under them for vibration noises which must help because I don't get any. The pumps hardly hum either like your typical pumps do. In a cabinet, you'd never even know they were there, but outside is still nothing to talk about:)

LOL! Yup! The have bigger pumps as well that I would look into if I had a bigger tank because I like the Quiet One's, but the Sequence pumps are nice as well:)

I had a 4000 that I bought to use as a closed loop on my 40. While I was installing the pvc, I broke the threaded inlet plate.
I called everywhere to try and get a new one and nobody had one.
I ended up with a mag 12 for my closed loop.
I called the manufacture and they were supposed to send me a new part, but that was 8-9 months ago and still no part.

Wow! You could have had a baby during that time(LOL) Yeah, they are nice pumps. Steve (Wrightme43) turned me on to them because that is what he runs through a sea-swirl and loves it. Very nice pump for the price and it comes with the threaded barbed fitting as well:)

Here is some surface aggitation from my flow. I reduced the outputs back to the single nozzle per bulkhead and it's insane! The tank got really messy as a result so I'll take a pic later of the placement and if you didn't see my other thread about the closed loop, I lost a gargonian :oops:

Back