Krish's "Rubik's cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

yeah dood they're gonna make it :D .
I believe it's sponges what you really are not suppose to expose to air at all.

I think under the circumstances they have a better chance of making it in your tank rather than just laying on the bottom of the reef like that.

Just an update...I thought long and hard and seeing that after re-plumbing my closed loop which it worked nicely, I still had to pop in that Maxijet for the corals I added which I really wasn't interested in doing. So I just ordered another Quiet One external pump and will add it to my closed loop. I will have one pump per side of my tank (left top and bottom on one pump & right top and bottom on the other pump) I may also add some lockline Y's I have to get more coverage (which I already have)so it looks like I will be draining the tank again to re-plumb a few things. Not very much I will need to change so the actual plumbing part should only take about 20 mins to do. Hopefully there are no leaks this time:)

OH..Btw, this should bump up my flow in my cube close to 4,000 gph minus whatever head loss I get from bends etc:)

Krish, running everything 3/4" like I did to the top & BH'S the using the 3/4" to 1/2" adapters then adding the 1/2" Y's made a big difference, & now I have twice as many outlets, I need to take pictures. Put the two pumps on one of the switching wave-makers & you will love it, they don't cost that much either.

Thanks Scooty! Will any pump be able to run off of these timers you are talking about without messing them up because I know a lot of pumps recommend that you on't put them on wave makers or is this thing different?

Krish, are you sure??? You just got settled in.

Yeah Charlie...I'm sure. I thought long and hard about it and I'm going to have to do it regardless at some point so I figured it would be better to do it now (while I only have some rescued corals and have the time since the baby isn't here yet) then later when I won't have as much time and I have some really nice corals in there. I turned off the maxijet last night to see what would happen and the corals stood straight up from lack of flow so it has to be done. I know I will have problems later if I get quite a bit of corals in there and they start blocking flow for the others so I'll do the change over really quickly. I have a container that can hold all of my water and my rocks in it to do the switch so I should be fine:)

If you by a good one all they do is run & shut the pump off on a timer, I guess you need to look into the quite ones to be certain but I doubt it would hurt them that much because they are magnetic pumps, not much to wear out, the only thing that will be a problem is when they start getting build-up in them & need cleaning, they won't restart sometimes.

Yeah...I'll see how it goes. The idea of shutting off and on a pump worries me some :oops: I'd rather a MBV like yours first I think!:D

hehe like i told you.... i knew you would do it and seriously i think it's better that you do it right now, you don't want to later deal with the maxijet falling and having to buy those new kewl magnets for it and bla bla bla :p :D ..... besides you needed a new project :D .

LOL! I already have the cool magnets:p Acrylic tanks shouldn't need powerheads so I'm going to get it out of there and add that other pump! It's already shipped:)

Yeah...And they aren't as bulky as the sea swirls;) One step at a time though...I don't want to get bored too quickly:p

Just a small update, I got all the plumbing pieces etc I will need to add in that extra pump and I will add a sensible shelf on the back of my stand this up-coming week for the 2 pumps to sit on when they come. I'll have that done before the pump gets here so when it does, I'll be ready to just plumb it in. I'll add some pics when it is finished:)

Will we ever finish our tanks Krish? Man It seems to go on forever LOL but I figure by the time you get yours done I might have rocks in mine :D

Back