Krish's "Rubik's cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

yeah i know about the gorgonians but i'm sure the sps you got there has some weird name since most of them have them and i cannot even pronounce them :p .
Now in your first picture of 538 :p it looks like a brain but i wonder if it's a brain or something like that .

NAw...that isn't a brain. Infact, if I flip it over, it's like a slug undeneath. Not sure how well that one is doing though...He got tossed off of my rocks from the flow during the night and found him curled up under a rock when I moved a few today. I'll watch him and see if he make a turn for the better. It has polpys that come out that look like zoanthids so if he make a turn for the better, I'll get a close up:)

hmmm polyps ehh you should take a picture of the polyps if they ever come out :) ..... for some reason i have a feeling it eats mysis shrimp and stuff like that :p.....i'm sure you know better .........just don't dump kfc in there :D

I just wanted to add some of my parameters to keep on record here. These tests were done this morning.

PH - 8.2
Cal - 420 ppm
Mag - 1270
Alk - 2.63 meq/l (7.4 dkh)
Temp 81F
Nitrate - Un-detectable

I change 5 gals a week using Instant Ocean and I add 2 part B-Ionic daily. ( 5ml of calcium and 2.5 ml of Alk)

I just wanted to add some of my parameters to keep on record here. These tests were done this morning.

PH - 8.2
Cal - 420 ppm
Mag - 1270
Alk - 2.63 meq/l (7.4 dkh)
Temp 81F
Nitrate - Un-detectable

I change 5 gals a week using Instant Ocean and I add 2 part B-Ionic daily. ( 5ml of calcium and 2.5 ml of Alk)

More alk:)

Yeah...They said natural seawater has a bit more than I have right now. I'm trying to adjust the doseages now seeing I've added a few more corals. :)

Oh yeah...Spec gravity is 1.026

Wow! Any idea on ID for this guy? Is it LPS? It's not a pagoda cup, is it? Sun coral (Tubastrea) variant?

Wow! Any idea on ID for this guy? Is it LPS? It's not a pagoda cup, is it? Sun coral (Tubastrea) variant?

Not sure Jason...Andrew called it something while we were out there swimming. I said it looked cool and he said they were hardy. If you flip it over, the underside looks like a curb/chitton. It can actually curl up like one as well! There are tons of them out there all over the place. There was this purple gargonian that the storm must have broken off when it passed through the Bahamas, but the thing was lying on its side (on the bottom) and when I stood it up, it came like 1.5 feet out of the water and I was in about 2ft of what at the time so you are looking at about a 3.5ft purple gorgonian! I was going to frag some pieces off of it, but it was in bad shape like the waves drug it along the bottom so I threw it out deeper to see if it would make it. I'll try and find out that name from Andrew again on that frag and then research it and see if he is right:)

Here ya go Gabby...The polyps are finally starting to come out. I'll try again when they are fully extended:)

Those look a little like some I have that were sold to me as moon polyps.
Same thick base mat, with a skirt that comes out of it.

That's my wild guess for the day.:lol:

ROFL! I'll have to google that and see if you are right! I'm keeping my fingers crossed to go out tomorrow for about 2 hours. There was a wrasse I caught the last day we went out (beautiful wrasse) and stupid me didn't realize the net that I caught the fish with isn't the same as the net that surrounds my floating fish "thingy" (It's a donut that has a net around it that you throw your fish in so they can't get away but they are still in the water at all times) Anyways, I tossed him in and he swam right out(LOL)

After I did my water change this morning, I popped in the 10K XM bulb to see how it looked. The camera can never get the color accurate but here's what I got:)

Weird new coral Krish. I wish i could help idetify it for ya. Anyways i think your cube is looking grat and i can't wait to see what it will look like after a year.

Thanks Nick...I'm curious myself to see what everything looks like in a 6-8ft tank in about a year:D

BTW, I'm back to the 12K Reeflux. The XM is too white for me still:p

Do i smell an Upgrade Krish? If so let me know and i will plan a vacation around then to help you set it up and move it in! :lol:

Do i smell an Upgrade Krish? If so let me know and i will plan a vacation around then to help you set it up and move it in!

Sounds great!! I bet you'd enjoy the stocking part of it out in our waters huh:p

Back