Makeme1098's Neo 90

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

makeme1098

Reader
Waited too long to upgrade from 33 cube to 90 DD......
I picked up a Deepsea Aquatics Neo 90 Aquarium form Blue Sierra last Sat.

- Tank Specs -
90g Tank (36.5" x 24.5" x 5") w/ Center overflow box.
Lighting - 250w MH w/ 6 24wts T5s
Skimmer - SWC Mini-S (picked up from Skimmerwhisper)
Flow -- Vortech MP 20x2 + Seaswirl (Maybe)
Sump - Still planning
ATO - JBJ for now
Temp - Ranco single stage
Doser - BRS Doser (Need to purchase)
Return Pump - Eheim 1260

I am planning to do Bonsai aquascape with 50 LB of Marco or BRS dry rocks.
This tank will be SPS / LPS mixed tank. I have no plans on the live stock list yet.

Here are some photos.
Tank:
DSCF1776.jpg

Overflow:
DSCF1777.jpg

DSCF1778.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up this beast from Mark last Sat.
SWC Mini-S, there is nothing mini about this beast.
I am breaking in this skimmer right now with old tank water from my 33 gallon cube.
BTW, the skimmer is sitting in the 20 long right now.
DSCF1774.jpg

Here is a quick vid clip of Mini-S in action.
<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid204.photobucket.com/albums/bb77/oodh4ever/DSCF1770.flv">

Last edited:
sweet... throw some skimmate from your other tank in there...lol

yep, wait until it's broken in, and on the tank. :)

that tank is a cool footprint btw... very nice.

Last edited:
Hey Mark,

I just threw in a cup of nasty skimmate in the tank and seems like the skimmmer is lot quieter now.

sweet... throw some skimmate from your other tank in there...lol

yep, wait until it's broken in, and on the tank. :)

that tank is a cool footprint btw... very nice.

got a small update. I finally put the stand togeather over the weekend. I still need to put the skin on. This is how my stand looks like so far. I still have couple of pieces wood to screw on...
DSCF1797.jpg

and
DSCF1795.jpg

Last edited:
I also received 50LB of dry Key Largo Rocks form Marco Rocks. Pretty awesome stuff.
I'm going to give them vinegar bath and put them togeather with acrylic rods and aquamend.
DSCF1802.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice, we just picked up the same exact tank, love the dimentions... Keep the pics coming cant wait to see the progress! We'll get a build thread going soon on ours also.

I also received 50LB of dry Key Largo Rocks form Marco Rocks. Pretty awesome stuff.
I'm going to give them vinegar bath and put them togeather with acrylic rods and aquamend.
DSCF1802.jpg

FYI... Aquamend isn't around anymore. I contacted the company and they said it has been replaced by Water Weld and it's available at Home Depot. I just didn't want you to have to run all over the Puget Sound area looking for Aquamend like we did. This looks like it will be a sweet build. We got the Marco Rocks too. Great textures and shapes.

Looking awesome. You told me you were planning on getting it. Let me know when you are done so I can stop by and check it out.

Very nice, we just picked up the same exact tank, love the dimentions... Keep the pics coming cant wait to see the progress! We'll get a build thread going soon on ours also.

Nice, did you buy the standwith your tank? I'm glad that someone picked up a same exact tank!! I am almost done with the stand build so hopefully I can put water in it soon. I have stand and empty tank sitting on the floor for too long. I'm going to post some picture of progression over the weekend.

FYI... Aquamend isn't around anymore. I contacted the company and they said it has been replaced by Water Weld and it's available at Home Depot. I just didn't want you to have to run all over the Puget Sound area looking for Aquamend like we did. This looks like it will be a sweet build. We got the Marco Rocks too. Great textures and shapes.
Thanks for the info. I bought ten 4 oz Aquamend sticks from Caswell Inc. like two month ago because I thought my tank would be set up by now but it's taking way too long.... I still haven't started on the aquascape yet. Hopefully this weekend!!

Looking awesome. You told me you were planning on getting it. Let me know when you are done so I can stop by and check it out.

Hey Peter, yea I did pull the trigger. I think this tank would look pretty nice once it's set up. It's been sitting on the living room floor next to the unfinished stand. hahhaha
My wife complains about it evryday. Now I'm going to put an empty sump infront of the tank to make things worse!!

Nice, did you buy the standwith your tank? I'm glad that someone picked up a same exact tank!! I am almost done with the stand build so hopefully I can put water in it soon. I have stand and empty tank sitting on the floor for too long. I'm going to post some picture of progression over the weekend.

No i couldnt justify spending the amount of money they wanted for the stand and hood, when I knew with some time and patience and alot less money I could build my own...so here are a few pics for now.

Back