My 300----- the Rebuild

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Nice!! I can tell you don't live in the Bahamas with all that lighting. Our last electricity bill was $800 and my tank isn't even running right now :eek:

Sounds like I need to send Charlie some sea urchins :)

I don't want sea urchins, I like the coralline. I have taken 4" sheets off of the back, and one of them was about 1/8" thick. That about blew me away.
My average bill is about 200 a month.

Well, time for somewhat of an update, got some pics from earlier this month, I'll start with the refugium where gertrude and heathcliffe are.

Attachments

• IMG_7215.jpg
    IMG_7215.jpg
    71.7 KB
  • IMG_7251.jpg
    IMG_7251.jpg
    87.1 KB
It has been a while, and I know digging up old threads is not exactly the way to win friends and influence people, but sometimes life is tough :bounce:

It has 3 years, almost to the day since I have updated this thread, and while some things in life have changed............................. :The Song Remains the Same". I believe Led Zepplin might have said that.

I will just add a few pics to this update, since you can't see the old pics, been thru too many computers....................lol, and photo sites:suspicious:

Anyways, these pics are from the beginning of this month, no more halides, with the help of Mike and Eric from OBD, I put the LEDs on last December, around Christmas. They are still not at full power, maybe they will never get there, I don't know.

Sorry for the long absence, to paraphrase another song, "what a long strange trip its been" :). Hope you enjoy the pics.

IMG_7915_zps68dd83ac.jpg

IMG_7916_zps46ce9398.jpg

IMG_7918_zps1920d92a.jpg

IMG_7920_zps233d8540.jpg

IMG_7936_zpsc9033069.jpg

IMG_7945_zps9f8343bb.jpg

IMG_7968_zps0fef1bb9.jpg

IMG_7983_zps288b073e.jpg

IMG_7971_zps423aa67d.jpg

IMG_8003_zps9e3199df.jpg

Absolutely beautiful :D Not too many tanks could have so many large fish and still look big, you have one of these tanks :)

Thank you for the pictures.

You never know what might fall out of an old thread if you shake it hard enough.

HI Charlie not sure you'd remember me but felt compelled to post. I hope life has been treating you well.

You have a beautiful tank!. Looks like you've bounced back better than ever. I hope to follow in your footsteps as I've been building a 300 for some time now and am close to being finished.

Back