my 48x30x15 shallow peninsula style tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

You missed a corner though. I would love to see the acan collection.
i didnt get to take pics..plus i dont have much:)
heres the rhodactis i caught it opening/closing
DSC02382.jpg

heres a very close up pic of it
DSC00246.jpg

i didnt get to take pics..plus i dont have much:)
heres the rhodactis i caught it opening/closing
DSC02382.jpg

heres a very close up pic of it
DSC00246.jpg

Very Cool Pics.

My rhodactis is about an 1 inch now. It is starting to color up too. It is not as impressive as that monster yet :)

tank is looking awesome!!! move would be great for you :) but it will be a stressful one with all the corals...so wishing you lots of luck in that....

tank is looking awesome!!! move would be great for you :) but it will be a stressful one with all the corals...so wishing you lots of luck in that....

thanks:)i know....but i am planning everything slowly....the tank will be the last that im gonna move...it will be the last stuff to stay in the house... ill put all corals in my big sump..i dont have that much liverock so i will put it in one container....get as much tank water as i can....then set up the tank really quick on the new future bigger house(yipee:D)....then bag all the corals....
we are planning on moving by end of year so still have time to really plan everything...:)

Awesome job with the tank. I'm really impressed you aren't having any stinging issues especially with that elegance. When you are ready to move you know how to get ahold of me, i've got plenty of buckets :)

Tom

today one of the platinum is hosting my elegance together with my snowcasso...the snowcasso is sooo peaceful,it didnt attack anybody...i am relieved..i took a quick video of them hosting...im not sure if it will work...the other platinum is just swimming by itself...so if the snowcasso and 1 platinum is pairing up..i will get the other one another clownfish:D

oh it works!:):p
then on my way home i stopped by the shark reef..picked up another colony of magicians for $35:shock:...it has greenish speckles...and a nice yuma for $35 too...thanks shark reef for the nice corals and good price:)
DSC02586.jpg

DSC02589.jpg

oh it works!:):p
then on my way home i stopped by the shark reef..picked up another colony of magicians for $35:shock:...it has greenish speckles...and a nice yuma for $35 too...thanks shark reef for the nice corals and good price:)
DSC02586.jpg

WOW! $35?!?! They do have a lot of green speckles, but the red doesn't seem as bright.

time for update....so i got apollothesun's(apollo) pacific sun led's(2 IO units)....i really like it...my tank stayed consistently at 76 degrees....
heres a current tank pic...i have it set up at 20k 100% temperature...my son messed with my camera and i couldnt get the right settings..sorry for the crappy pics
DSC00049.jpg

my zoas and palys are liking it...they are slowly getting bigger fat polyps but they are stalking out...but it doesnt bother me....what i notice is that the lost a bit of color like theres no pop....the reds greens blues pinks are fine but the yellows and orange went dull...so i decided to add (4) 4" t5's all actinic+...and all i can say is i am very contented now and this is the color i want....
heres a few pics i took with 20k led and t5 actinics....
DSC00232.jpg

DSC00231.jpg

DSC00233.jpg

heres some pics i took
20k with t5 actinics
DSC00161.jpg

23k with t5 actinics on
DSC00162.jpg

strawberry shortcake acro under led's...
DSC00243.jpg

well....thats it for now...i will say goodbye on this peninsula tank soon as i am getting matt125's tank...its a 40x30x20...not much difference but matts tank is taller which will give me more room for rockscape...and i can lean all rocks on the back wall..plus it got a nice plumbing and i like it...:)

will probably do another tank thread:D

Last edited:
So you're the one getting Matt's setup :D. That is a nice score and I can only imagine how you will have stuffed with color in no time. Very nice and I can't wait to come down and check out those Pacific Sun units.

Back