My new "cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Acrylic will be in today so we will start on the box. The air stones are on their way, next is the acrylic tube and the air pump (the big $ hits).

Thanks - I will be taking a new one very soon. My male anthias has some girlfriends arriving today :D

Todd, your tank looks great as usual! You've got some crazy coralline growing in there too. Can't wait to see the end product of that skimmer you are building. Good luck again with it.

Ah, very nice! It's good to see that you've got the bryopsis defeated or at least beaten into submission.

As to your invite, the wife and I are going to be down-that-aways on Friday, 21st of October. Could the Fam (That includes the little ones.) intrude upon you, your wife, and Soshi? (SP?)

Todd, you sure you accidently broke the old skimmer? The mock ups look great!! Get er done!!

MarineDreamer said:
Ah, very nice! It's good to see that you've got the bryopsis defeated or at least beaten into submission.

As to your invite, the wife and I are going to be down-that-aways on Friday, 21st of October. Could the Fam (That includes the little ones.) intrude upon you, your wife, and Soshi? (SP?)
As of right now that date looks good to me. I will let you know more closer to that date...are we talking dinner or just a stop by?

Kensn said:
Todd, you sure you accidently broke the old skimmer? The mock ups look great!! Get er done!!
Yes it really was an accident, but I'm quite happy with the results...started production tonight, will post some pix on the skimmer thread.

Todd that is one big skimmer are you planning a bigger tank or just for your cube? I like the design work you did on it, I bet it will work nicely.

Scooterman said:
Todd that is one big skimmer are you planning a bigger tank or just for your cube? I like the design work you did on it, I bet it will work nicely.
I talked about that on the skimmer thread, but I do plan on plumbing in a nice sized frag system in the future and what ever else I may go with, but for now just the cube. I know I need to be very carefull about how much I skim so I don't end up killing my corals. I understand that these airstone skimmers are pretty easy to adjust one way or the other.

Ahh I missed that part, I still don't think one can over skim. I'd think a skimmer will just not skim as much once the job is done, reefs are said to be nutrient poor so that should work well for a tank, I just never saw a skimmer that could actually hold more water than the main tank LOL!

Scooterman said:
Ahh I missed that part, I still don't think one can over skim. I'd think a skimmer will just not skim as much once the job is done, reefs are said to be nutrient poor so that should work well for a tank, I just never saw a skimmer that could actually hold more water than the main tank LOL!
Well I will definitely have enough skimmer to get the job done...and then some :D

Lions and Tigers, and BareBottoms OHH MY!!

Very nice clam Todd, does this mean I can hold on to mine?

My newest addition to the cube is my large air driven skimmer that I just finished building. This should keep things nice and clean :D
attachment.php

Back