My new "cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Brad here is a shot of the efflo for ya, just a little growth, looking forward to this one growing some more. This past Saturday I helped BigT with his tank move and he in turn hooked me up with some sweet frags...here are just a few of them.

Todd, those frags are looking real nice in there. I got most of mine all mounted and placed into a frag rack I built just for the occasion.

I'll get some pictures up in the next day or two.

-Eliyah

Awesome!!!! :idea: Fruit of passion and dedication!!! :) What more can I say!I'm in the process of planning and building a new tank and yours has given me a totally different prospective.It may not be a cube as my area does not permit the shape but my gosh!!! The plumbing is just spectacular.This sharing is just so helpful to newbies like me.When I thought I have read enough.Seeing your work inspires me to learn more.Please keep us posted on the development of your tank!May the force be with you!!!!

Joey

Last edited:
bradreef said:
It just takes time for growth. I thought I saw a BigT mini colony frag. Nice..
Yep Brad you are right it is BigT's nana colony there in the back...I'm lov'n it :D

Thanks everyone for your encouragement and kind words :exclaim:

Some up dates: I got the kalk reactor made and its up and running, a big piece in the battle of the bryopsis. Got a pH monitor to keep track of how the kalk reactor is doing...great, holding around 8.6 need to keep it high for the bryopsis. Also picked up a magnum filter for maintenance and occasional carbon.

Attachments

• DSCN3431a (Large).jpg
    DSCN3431a (Large).jpg
    71.9 KB
hey....i've been following this thread for a while. i had a question regarding your sequence barricuda that you are using on your closed loop. how do you like the performance of it? is it relatively quiet?

i just bought one along with an oceans motions 4-way for my new 125 gallon setup. i just drilled my tank the other day so i haven't had the chance to finish plumbing it and water test. i'm still a few weeks away.

great thread - definitely has helped me with planning my tank.

mattseattle said:
hey....i've been following this thread for a while. i had a question regarding your sequence barricuda that you are using on your closed loop. how do you like the performance of it? is it relatively quiet?

Great performance, though a bit loud. Mine is in the front entry so the noise is of little concern.

mattseattle said:
i just bought one along with an oceans motions 4-way for my new 125 gallon setup. i just drilled my tank the other day so i haven't had the chance to finish plumbing it and water test. i'm still a few weeks away.

great thread - definitely has helped me with planning my tank.

I'm sure you will love the oceans motions as I do. Glad my thread has helped!

yeah, Paul at OceansMotions was great to work with on the design.

They are about to release a new flexible nozzle in 1" and 1.5" sizes. I think it's their version of loc-line in sizes larger than 3/4"

Looking good Todd, nice and healthy.

Now am I going to have to come over there and chisle that GSP off for you, cause that is some serious acro and clam realistate there ? ; )

-Erik

Last week we had the South End Tank Tour and some of the PSAS came through and saw my cube, I had gone through some hard times with my corals (frags) the week before due to light changes/Kalkwasser not sure if it was the light or the kalk (too much) but many of my corals were getting burned out on the ends. This week has proved to be a good turning point though, things anre looking up, I reduced the photo period by two hours and reduced the pH that I was keeping purposefully high to combat the bryopsis. My corals are looking much better now (most of them) so I though I would post some updated pictures...

Great to hear Todd, hope that trend continues for you. I really enjoyed your tank, and I envy your closet hideaway.....

Do you think it was more the ph than the photo period, or were just cutting the time to help heal?

Yeah, I do think it was the kalk, just looked too much like powder was being dropped down right on top to be anything else, though I'm sure the change in bulbs didn't help matters any. That's why I went with the reduced lighting time and the decreased pH. Ken, I'd like to come out and see your tank some time soon ;)

Last edited:
Back