My new "cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

reeffan said:
Very nice man. You got this cube well planned. I love the PVC light rack. Can't wait till you add your livestock. Good job =)

reeffan

Thankx Jonathan, the PVC/ABS rack actually came out better than I ever expected, almost makes me want to wait a bit longer to construct a wooden one :)

bradreef said:
looking good. like a mini version of steve weast's tank. you need some nice acro's branching out at each other.
If I could get my cube looking a quarter as nice as Steve's I would be happy :D There are so many great tanks that I admire out there and his is one of them :)

Thanks for the complements guys!!!

I have about 3/4 of the rock in now. Had to leave some in the other tank for the corals before the final move.

Yeah, right. Me thinks that your Lions have had something to say about ALL the rock being pulled out their "starter home!"

Looks great, Todd.

Glad we could make you happy and your cube is looking good. I'm starting to become jealous of these cubes myself........ perhaps I'll have to build one for me ! :idea:

Brian, make a cube, they are great!
Here are a few shots from tonight, got all but one piece of LR in, most of my corals, and my babies (lionfish). Things are looking a bit sparse now, and the leather and frogs spawn sure look bad after moving but in a few days things should perk up :)

Put the last piece of LR in tonight, it was my centerpiece from the 55hex, I think it looks pretty good up front like this. Now I just need to wait a bit and let things get settled more, then bring on the coral :D

It's looking good! How is the Ocean Motions doing? Still waiting on my MBV s they suppose to be drop shipped from Hayward. I'm Starting on the cabinet this weekend can't wait. Dave

Very Cool Todd!!
Love the Aquascaping!!

how do your lions like the flow? are they able to handle the really turbulent flow or do you have it tuned down a bit for them?

Nick

maxx said:
Very Cool Todd!!
Love the Aquascaping!!

how do your lions like the flow? are they able to handle the really turbulent flow or do you have it tuned down a bit for them?

Nick

Flow is full throttle, it's taken a few days for them to figure out how to get around but they are doing great :D It's a real pleasure to see them actually have some swimming room now. Thanks for the complements maxx, now it's just time to wait until everything is ready for some more corals.

Hey got a question on your plumbing, the intake & suction lines from the sequence pump, what size are you using. I was looking at them and saw you can thread on 1.5" or slip on 2", you think 1.5" in and out would be good enough? I'm planning on 1.5" outlets, on my CL, I just purchased all of the fittings needed but I also purchased 2" for the suction, which I will have to run inside the tank being in have a glass tank & it's not drilled. I wonder if I was to use the sequence Dart pump with 1.5" in & out would that put any strain on the pump or should I leave it with a2" suction?

I have the barracuda plummed with 1.5 in and out. It is working great! Probably one of the best purchases for the tank I made...great pump, and all the guys that have the Amp Masters that have seen it in action really like this pump as well. Two thumbs up!!

Great big THANKS to Chris (Akitadad) Tom (Big T) and Jonathan (Reeffan) for coming out for the house/tankwarming party and for your gifts :D Tank looks much better with some corals in there!! Jonathan your waste collection cup for the skimmer is perfect...great work as usual, looking forward to getting more of your great stuff, I'll keep spreading the word :D

Last edited:
Thanks for inviting me bro. I was actually admiring your work the whole time on your tank specially the hard work you put in your house. You did a great job restoring your house. Hope to see your house when its totally restored.

reeffan

Need to see pics!!!! How can we oooh and ahh over your new housewarming gifts if you dont show them???

:D

Nick

Back