My New Toy

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The car seems to still have the factory stock turbo and manifold on it

:eek: You should now have a new #1 on your "to do" list. Headers should help a lot.

LOL!!! I'm going to pull off that old rust heat shield and see what's under there. I have no idea what all this car has:p

I love it, though that engine bay is TIGHT.

:lol: Gone are the days you can (have to) crawl into the engine bay to remove a distributor from a chevy 350. :doubt:

:eek: You should now have a new #1 on your "to do" list. Headers should help a lot.

Maybe if the car was n/a but since it's boosted #1 should be a 3" d/p/exhaust and upping your boost and new bigger snail would be even better!:D Not saying a better manifold won't help it's just not as important unless you upgrade the turbo as well. If you decide to stay w/ the smaller stocker I would suggest a stronger wastegate as well to hold the boost all the way to redline.

Sounds good! The exhaust is 3 inch from the front to the back (Trust/Greddy) Not sure if the downpipe has been upgraded yet. Stock boost is 9lbs and I keep it at 14lbs, but have driven it at 20lbs with no problems except traction issues:p Bot sure what's next although I rei-installed the BOV that dumps in the atmosphere again using the washers to increase the spring pressure and it feels and sounds great! The car also idles fine. I'll get some pics tomorrow:)

Thanks:D...Like my typo's on my last post???:lol: I may be ordering the tubular manifold that comes with the downpipe which my turbo will bolt right on. I got a price already just trying to decide on painting the car first(LOL)

Oh yeah...I need to setup a tank as well:p

As a general rule, I have always been told to paint last. There is nothing more infuriating then dropping a wrench on a freshly painted fender. :eek:

hey dood since i'm never gonna have a car and well i can't do anything to my bycicle... could you do me the favour of putting .... la cucaracha song as your horn ....ppplleeaaseee :oops: :D

Guess I better get it all done first huh?

Yeah, thats what "they" say. But I think there is a fine line between done and almost done. ;) Finishing a car is like finishing a tank. You can say it's done, but what happens when you stop by the LFS "just to look". :lol:

la cucaracha

:lol: ROFL :lol:

LOL!! Mustangs rock man, but don't tell MikeS:p

They rock alright...that is if you don't mind paying $30K+ for a brand new GT that still gets smoked by Camaros, Firebirds, the GTO, and lots of imports...:badgrin: yeah, the Mustang "rocks"...or it accelerates like a rock, I should say...:lol: ;) Here's why they can't beat a '99 WS6...the good 'ol LS1:badgrin:

Here's why they can't beat a '99 WS6...the good 'ol LS1

mmmm... a nice rusty, 8 year-old engine. :oops:

They rock alright...that is if you don't mind paying $30K+ for a brand new GT

Where are you shopping? Ford.com claims that sticker is $26,440. I don't know about you but I don't even pay sticker for my cars.

a brand new GT that still gets smoked by Camaros, Firebirds, the GTO, and lots of imports...

There is a loaded opinion if I have ever seen one. :eek: Lets see if I can break it down. In case you didn't notice, chevy and the other chevy (pontiac) don't make Camaros or Firebirds anymore. I've never driven (or raced) a GTO but I'm pretty sure that they can corner about as well as John Force in his Funny Car.

Lots of imports, huh? which ones? Ferraris? Porsches? Lamborghinis?

You are right on that one. A (under) $30k car has no chance against $100k - $1.3M sports cars.

like a rock

I used to love that song; untill chevy ruined it. :doubt:

mmmm... a nice rusty, 8 year-old engine.

Aluminium doesn't rust...that's just grime:lol:

Where are you shopping? Ford.com claims that sticker is $26,440. I don't know about you but I don't even pay sticker for my cars.

Around here a GT with a decent option package stickers for around $30K.

There is a loaded opinion if I have ever seen one. :eek: Lets see if I can break it down. In case you didn't notice, chevy and the other chevy (pontiac) don't make Camaros or Firebirds anymore. I've never driven (or raced) a GTO but I'm pretty sure that they can corner about as well as John Force in his Funny Car.

Correct, GM stopped producing the F Body cars in 2002. The Camaro is going to be re-intorduced next year, with a 400HP LS2 powerplant, expect the Firebird to follow the next year...:badgrin: http://www.2008chevycamaro.com/

The sad thing is Ford has had 5 years to surpass the LS1 equipped F bodies and can't seem to do it. An LS1 equipped FBody is putting a good 50HP more power to the tires and weighs less...corners better also...actually outperforms the Mustang in every way, even gets better gas mileage:D

Lots of imports, huh? which ones? Ferraris? Porsches? Lamborghinis? You are right on that one. A (under) $30k car has no chance against $100k - $1.3M sports cars.

Let's see, the Subaru WRX, the Mitsubishi Evo, just to name two in the same price range...forget about supercars...heck, even the 500HP Cobra can't even come close to competeing against the 500HP Corvette...

I love car debates....:D :lol:

MikeS

Back