My Upgrade to a 265 gallon display.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

3Right.jpg

3Full.jpg

Thanks Guy's, been a year since I first filled this tank with water, but officially it will be a year next month since I did the initial changes and got it running properly.

Since the algae problem has been taken care of I've started concentrating on trying to get the SPS to colour up. I've changed the XM 10k bulbs over to BLV 14k. Also changed some of the T5's, one of them being an ATI Aqua Blue spezial and I'm very happy with it's performance so far.
I've also started dabbling in some ZEOvit supplements. I'm not running a full blown ZEO system, just some of the additives.
2ml of ZEOstart daily (Carbon source for denitrifying bacteria - same as vodka IMO)
Also using, Amino Acids, Stylo Pocci Glow & Potassium Iodide. I alternate daily dosing a 1/4 of the recomended dosage. Next I want to try Coral Vitaliser.
Still running 2 skimmers and doing a 10% water change every 2 weeks.

I am starting to see results, but wether this can be attributed to any one factor is debatable. Durban has had one of it's hottest summers in years so keeping the temp stable has been a mission, my chiller has been working overtime and that's with the central AC unit in the house virtually running 24/7.
Other than that the system is running pretty stable and not too time demanding at the moment :)

Glad to hear things are going along smoothly. Keep us updated on any coral color changes.

Back