Nana's 40B

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

http://youtu.be/9wC0q5XldeI

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9wC0q5XldeI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry seems YouTube links don't work here. Actually no links works here-lol.

On a sad note, my Strawberry Conch is MIA. I've poked all over the SB and I can't find him.
Also found either the carcass or molt of an Emerald Crab, I find it hard to tell.

I was rearranging rocks one day and apparently my conch had gotten under one of them. About a month later, I was moving a rock to get a coral that fell and there was the conch shell. I put it on the sand thinking it was dead, but then he started plopping across the sandbed. He died about a year later though. He was blind, I know this because my flame tail blenny ate his eyeballs of his eye stalks. I guess they were too hard to resist. LOL

And here's my lovely sand bed in all it's glory 7 days after a 5 1/2g WC. Yes it gets like this after every WC. WTH?!!
RO/DI water test 0 TDS and 0 for silicates. Water in all reservoirs tests the same.
c4b045ce79c09705189e6a098e6b19c4.jpg

e2c44725d6f48b407bb1dc2e37b988f1.jpg

01d5113220759f9bf31236b2fc7107c5.jpg

6f17ca9b3a9c948ec9ebb2e2637b3f0f.jpg

Started H2O2 treatment yesterday. 1ml per 10g. Rounded it out to 5ml daily. I'll do this for the next 2wks to see if it has an effect. If not then the rest of the SB comes out.
I so badly want to replace what I've already removed but I'm fearful of just infecting the new sand too.

Yeah, if your going to replace it, you should only use new, well rinsed sand. Good luck, I hope you find the problem.

I'm pretty sure it's dinoflagalites. Only reason it's never gotten the normal Dino look is because I was always raking the sand bed. However aside from removing parts of the bed I've left it alone and it is now beginning to look like Dino's. Am I making sense? Lol. Still I will not allow it to get to that horrible looking stage, I'll siphon it out first :)

Thank you!! I removed an entire 14" sock full of sand-lol. 3rd one. 2-3 more and I'll be able to replace it with the new I got from you :)

+1 corals are looking awsome. Why not just go BB and delete the whole.problem all together ?
Or at least try it out for a cpl weeks and c if ur algae comes back?.
...sorry txt talk.
D

Back