Nana's 40B

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ok I turned the blues down to 40% & whites are at 25%
I'll increase by 5% over the next several weeks. Don't think I'll need to go to 65% more like 50% max :)

Sent from my iPhone 4s via Tapatalk.

Ok I turned the blues down to 40% & whites are at 25%
I'll increase by 5% over the next several weeks. Don't think I'll need to go to 65% more like 50% max :)

I think you are correct.

What all do you have planned for this tank?

Well definitely NO shrooms-lol. LPS dominant. Few easier to keep SPS. A clam :) No softies.
As for fish. I have a little Yellowtail Damsel who's pretty cool so far. I would love a Yellow Corris Wrasse or a McKoskers Wrasse but a lid would come first. Love the Forktail Fang Blenny, Tailspot Blenny too. Oh and a buddy for my Randall's Pistol Shrimp. All subject to change of course, ya know how we women are :)

I think this is going to be a awesome tank.

Marty-

I can't thank you enough for all the support you have given me through this build. From day one you've been right here with me..what a ride! Without your generosity I'd be listening to a Mag5 instead of America's Got Talent-lol. This Sicce pump is awesome! My fuge is full of pretty green Chaeto. Your the best!!

Your welcome.

I have had so much help myself over the years that it's easy to spread that around.

Last edited:
Well definitely NO shrooms-lol. LPS dominant. Few easier to keep SPS. A clam :) No softies.
As for fish. I have a little Yellowtail Damsel who's pretty cool so far. I would love a Yellow Corris Wrasse or a McKoskers Wrasse but a lid would come first. Love the Forktail Fang Blenny, Tailspot Blenny too. Oh and a buddy for my Randall's Pistol Shrimp. All subject to change of course, ya know how we women are :)

Checkout some of the encrusting monti's. I really love the color of my sunset monti.

I'll do that, thanks. As soon as I see if my lil Birdsnest makes it. Today it's not looking so good :( Very small polyp extension. So I've moved it to the SB & turned the lights down. Whites @10% & blues @30%

I am so stoked about these lights! Finally got around to adding a simple program. Just while my corals are acclimating.
So far my corals look good. Aside from my lil Hammer. Not sure what it's issue is. Still showing it's head but not fully.
My lil Birds nest seems to be adjusting well. No bleaching! Not real thick pe yet but pe all the same. The skeleton looks to be getting darker, while the polyps are a fluorescent green, very cool looking. Maybe/hopefully it will become the Purple it's supposed to be :)

Started tearing down my 26g today. Removed the Aquafuge...emptied it out & will let it soak in a vinegar bath til tomorrow. I had a few small pieces of rock & coral skeleton in there so I added them to my sump/fuge.

Tomorrow all the shroom covered rock (30lbs in all) go to the LFS for credit. Along with several types of Zoas, 4-5 Florida Rics, Implosion Palys and 2 Maxi Mini's.

That's it for now. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

That's great to hear.
I knew you weren't going to move any mushrooms over, but no zoanthids or mini maxi's in the new tank?

No softies period. As for the MM's they ate 4 fish. I like fish more then MM's :) I want total control over any and all growth in this tank. I've found this to be much easier with LPS & SPS.

I've gotten a very bad taste for softies. Zoa's melting for no apparent reason. Spreading where I don't want them to. Some being invasive even. But then again if it's the right Zoa, who knows :)

Issue being they weren't the ones taking over that I wanted!! UGH! All my really nice Zoas melted. Then stupid shrooms took over and killed my last remaining Radio Active Dragon Eyes. So I'm very discouraged to say the least.

Is it possible for the return flow to interfere with my skimmers performance? I took the sock off last night, which controlled the bubbles big time. My skimmer was producing great foam and a light colored nog.
Today no foam at all from the skimmer?

On another note woke up to a bacteria bloom :( No biggy I know. Just unsightly. But it's starting to clear up already :)

Last edited:
I am so happy with this tank!! Everything is doing wonderfully!! All corals seem to be adjusting well to the lighting schedule. Seems I've even got the proper flow going on :)
Today our LFS will be posting up their order list on FB. I'm going shopping! Nothing exact in mind but more of a, I'll know it if I see it. Definitely some Nass snails are in order.

Blasto Merriletti
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402935593.469383.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402935648.313364.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402935666.945367.jpg

So much for that :( LFS never posted the list. Must be one of those meant to be moments-lol. It's all good though. Patients is a virtue right :)

Haha the owner just emailed me the list. Tell me what you think.
Twin Spot Goby
Swales Swissgaurd Basslet
Nass snails
Black worms

That's it!

I love the Twin Spot Goby and the Swissguard Basslet. Both are cool fish.
I have had a Swissguard Basslet for 9-10 months, but it is so secretive that I only see it once every couple weeks and that is only for a few seconds at feeding time as it comes out of the rocks a 1" or so. It cost me nearly $100 and kind of wish I had spent the money on something else.
I know every fish can be different and if you do get one, I hope you get to see yours more.

Back