Nana's 40B

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Like I've been doing for the last 3yrs....keeping an eye on it! Looks like it'll take about 2-3 days. Glad this is the only time I gotta make this much water at once.

When I get my float switch in the mail, I'll make the bracket and post a picture.
Might be something you could do down the road when you aren't spending money on the new setup.

New swap pickups! Was gonna wait til the 40's running but I couldn't say no to free corals. Sorry for the blue shots, more tomorrow.
Fungia
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399772242.523428.jpg
Favia
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399772259.236417.jpg
Purple Birds Nest my first stick!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399772288.259208.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4s via Tapatalk.

Wow! Life is like a box of chocolates.....thought my Jeep only needed a front end alignment, NOT!
$436.00 later.....2x roters, 2x calipers, 1x pad, 2x ball joints...this will be the slowest tank build in history! <sigh> :)

Sent from my iPhone 4s via Tapatalk.

Hey! I'm happy I'm no longer afraid to drive my Jeep :) She's my baby don't ya know eh-lol. Now I can really tell I have new tires :)

Sucks when its happening, but remembering the sacrifice and waiting can make things so much cooler. So, that totally means this is going to be a truly awesome tank! :)

Hey! I'm happy I'm no longer afraid to drive my Jeep :) She's my baby don't ya know eh-lol. Now I can really tell I have new tires :)

I hate that, when driving can be a scary experience.
I had a couple jeeps in the past that would qualify in that category.

New tires is the next thing I need to do for mine and they cost almost as much as a large tank. lol

Not yet, but it's in there waiting :) My sand got ordered on Wednesday and should be here on Thursday :) That is the only thing holding me up.
Question for you though. My RO/DI comes out 0 TDS. Once the Brute is full it reads 0 TDS. But having used 5g out of it for a WC on my 26, I again tested it and am getting 001-002 TDS. Why is this happening and is it bad for my tanks?

Is that 1 or 2 TDS, or is it .001 to .002?

Could be a little residual left from the manufacturing of the container, or airborne contaminates .
I was concerned about the same in my brute, but then I realized I had already used my brute for mixing salt water and even though I had cleaned it as best as I could, there was still something left over.
Even if it is just 1 or 2 TDS, I wouldn't worry about it.
If it is the lesser amount, I really wouldn't be concerned.

Back