Ok I'm still hooked DD911's 60 cube build...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dailydriven911

sps addict
So I'm back again for I think the 3rd time in 5 years lol. I decided it was time for another tank with the kids a bit older and I'm a stay at home dad so plenty of time to have time for a tank...well sort of. ;) anyway on to the build...

Here's what I got so far in the works..

1) Marineland 60 rimless cube 24x24x24
2) 29x29x36 custom built stand by yours truly
3) 20g high glass tank with modular marine sump/refugium kit in white.
4) Kessil A360N
5) Bubble Magus Curve 5
6) H2Overflow 1200gph overflow 1.5" drain
7) Aqueon 2300 (700gph) return pump
8) Hydor smart ATO

On order

1) 40lbs BRS Pukani dry rock
2) 150w Eheim heater
3) 1 1/2 bulkhead for sump
4) BRS glass hole saws for 1 1/2 drain and 3/4 return

Still need to get tank running

1) RO/DI and storage for water
2) return and drain tubing/PVC
3) DJ powerstrip
4) salt
5) sand
6) reactor for carbon/phosphate remover
7) ATO reservoir

Future wants

1) Apex lite
2) Kessil Spectoral Controller
3) Jeabo dosing pump
4) 2 Ecotech MP10's
4) Royal Exclusive dream box sump $$$

I'm currently working on the stand. It's about halfway done. I need to attach the top, door, bottom and sand and stain. Going to paint the inside white with Kilz and stain the exterior. The tank will be surrounded by a 4" wood trim piece. The door will mount flush with the stand but I'm not sure how to install hinges that will allow for this. I might just go with magnets mounted flush in the wood.

Sump is completed and ready for water. When I'm done with the stand I can work on the plumbing and installing the overflow and return. It's going to be at least 3 weeks until water is in so please bear with me ;)

Wow! This is the week of the oldies return! Great to hear from you again. The build sounds exciting, can't wait to see pics. Wish I could be a stay at home Dad, have lots of time to play with my tanks.

Here is the guts of the stand

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.3 KB
Last edited:
Wow! This is the week of the oldies return! Great to hear from you again. The build sounds exciting, can't wait to see pics. Wish I could be a stay at home Dad, have lots of time to play with my tanks.

Yeah I've been lurking for a couple months and finally decided to come out and play lol. Should be a fun build can't wait to get everything going but I'm taking my time with this one. ;)

Hey buddy how u doing? I'm also getting back into the hobby. I might pick up the 180 4*3*2 tank from sculpin

Having a hard time attaching pics correctly sorry guys. For some reason it only hyperlinks the attachment and it won't center correctly :( Anybody know how to remedy this?

Just going for the white look with most of the equipment inside the stand. It will also hide any wires from pumps and other equipment. I'll still be able to view the front of the sump.

That makes perfect sense. I'll be filing that one away for my next build. :)

Back