Ok I'm still hooked DD911's 60 cube build...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Got the stand in the office

Close up of the finish

Finally all moved in with a quick aquascape using BRS Pukani rock.

I drilled the holes for drain and return but the 3/4 bulkhead I bought is too big :( I used a 35mm hole saw which works with BRS 3/4 bulkheads so I'll have to look around or just order one of theirs. I still need to finalize the plumbing but its coming along. ;)

Here's the overflow I went with...I like it because it can handle plenty of flow (1200 gph), has lots of surface area, takes up very little space and snails can't get in!

looking so nice brotha! I know who I'm hiring to help build mu next big tank stand lol.

Haha I'm no Artisan but I'm happy with how it came out. The hard part for me was all the trips to HD because I don't have a table saw lol. Luckily my measurements were good haha.

Finalized the rock work for now ;) it's a simple island with plenty of space for fish to swim and corals to grow out. I'm picking up the RO/DI, reactor and salt tomorrow. I ordered some plumbing parts off Amazon so waiting for this Friday to finalize the plumbing. Hoping to have water in this weekend sometime.
Thanks for looking...

Looks good!
I'm also in the rebuilding phase.....havent been able to give my set up the time it needs and it shows, so I'll be tearing down and rebuilding.

Do you have a list of critters you plan on keeping in your set up? Also, if you have unexplained Phosphate issues, it could be leaching from your rock.
Pukani is notorious for being a phosphate source....and I've got it in my tank currently. I'm replacing it in order to rectify the situation.

Nice looking stand, I love the way you stained it.

Thanks Maxx yes I have a fish list I just haven't finalized what I want yet because it will be another month before I get there haha. For sure I'm going to do a pair of clowns (Nemos) and a Hippo (Dory) for the kids. A mystery wrasse, cherub angel, flame hawk and a shoal of cardinals or chromis are on the list. I won't have corals until I get the tank going for a few months. I'd like the ease of a softy tank but I'm probably going to do a few sps colonies and just let them grow out. I like the look of a few colonies yet I'm sure it will be hard for me to stop buying more lol.

About the Pukani...yes I'm aware on the issues some people have with the rock. I weighed my options and just really like the look and hoping I won't have as many issues. Also got it during BRS sale so saved 15%. I hope I don't regret it :( Good luck with the switch in your system I hope you get everything figured out!

Looks good!
I'm also in the rebuilding phase.....havent been able to give my set up the time it needs and it shows, so I'll be tearing down and rebuilding.

Do you have a list of critters you plan on keeping in your set up? Also, if you have unexplained Phosphate issues, it could be leaching from your rock.
Pukani is notorious for being a phosphate source....and I've got it in my tank currently. I'm replacing it in order to rectify the situation.

Nice looking stand, I love the way you stained it.

That's a interesting overflow design. I'm curious as to how it's going to work for you.

That's a interesting overflow design. I'm curious as to how it's going to work for you.

Yeah it's different but it's a lot like the gl*******s.com overflow except that snails can't get in! That was my issue with my last tank. I had a snail get stuck in the drain and woke up to a gurgle sound and water everywhere! Plus it has like 18" of surface area to maximize surface skimming. Only thing I'm a little worried about is noise yet they claim its quiet and comes with a gasket for those with smaller systems.i should have it running tomorrow but that depends if I can finally get the plumbing done. I'm not the greatest at this plumbing stuff lol

More progress made today...finished around 2 am this morning lol. I really hate plumbing! Drain is glued and ready to go and return was done with PVC vinyl tubing. Did the drain in white pvc pipe and it was a pita! Took me about 4-5 hrs! Everything turned out pretty good so I'm happy. Just need to pickup a DJ powerstrip and I'll be set. Shooting for late Sat night or Sunday to have the tank running. Here are a couple pics. Still not even close to having everything organized so excuse the mess! ;) I also added a cord cover for the kessil light. It matches our paint color so that was a bonus ;)

Back