Reed's new start

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

reedman

After a long break from the reef hobby for a variety of reasons I am happy to be back. I have sold my old 75 gallon tank and have entered the realm of the cube tank.

Specs:
Tank:
80 gallon glass tank, drilled with a 1.5" overflow
30 gallon sump
equipment
lifereef skimmer w/ needlewheel pump
aquacontroller I
luminarc pendant with 250W MH
3 24" VHO actinics
2 koralia 3s and a koralia 4

enough talk...here's some pics....

Thanks for all the nice comments folks. It's nice to be back.

Paul, it's a double saddle back butterfly and I love that fish. Cleared my tank of all the majanos and hasn't bothed any of the corals. Plus it's the only fish that spends all of the time out in the front of the tank.

Curt,
Thanks for the compliment on the aquascaping....I'm sure it will change, but I like it for now.

Dang,
Thanks for the offer. I need to come see your new tank one of these days. I'll have to send you a PM to set something up.

Tank is looking awesome! Is that the tank you got from me a while back? I so regret selling that tank it was the perfect size and height for a shallow reef. Looks like you have built a really nice stand and canopy for it also. So did you plug up the other hole I drilled into that tank? Keep up the good work that tank should look really nice once fully stocked.

Yep....that is your old tank. I did plugg one hole as 2 x 1.5" overflows was a bit of overkill for me, but it leaves open the option to add in the closed loop input there at a later time....which I like.

what nw pump did you finally try on the lifereef?
I am currently running a Sedra 3500 (I think.....or might be a 5000) and it works great. Quieter, more efficient and more productive than the Mag 9.5 that was on there

Double saddled butterfly! Love them. Eating well, giving it a broad diet of fresh foods?
That thing is such a pig it's ridiculous. He gets nori daily as well as my blender mush daily (which includes vitamins and supplements). Been healthy and happy since day 1 (been with me for quite a while now).

As always I would love to have a bigger tank, but I like this size. It's practical and manageable and certainly gives me enough room to aquascape. The really cool thing in this size is I can get away with 1 MH over the center of the tank and that is a BIG bonus.

Nice job! I am going to go to a cube myself. Will probably start my set up next month.

Back