Skinz's 210g tank.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

No, it's actually a ceramic rock formation called a Colored Powerstation made by the Alternative Reef.

Its kind of awesome. What do you do when you clean the powerhead? Just pull it and let it sit on the sand for a bit? Do you notice any detritus build up in the back?

chris,

love the pics, lobos, and brains..

these would be in my tank if I decided not to have an angel tank. :D

Its kind of awesome. What do you do when you clean the powerhead? Just pull it and let it sit on the sand for a bit? Do you notice any detritus build up in the back?

It actually doesn't need removed at all to clean the power head. Its off the glass about 1/4" and full of holes so with the undertow from the pump its absolutely clean.

Does it just sit 'over' the power head so you can slide it out from underneath? The one I saw when I google searched showed that it fit all the way around it....

Yes it fits all the way around it. They are made for Vortech MP40's and I had mine in there and the Jebao WP40 on the opposite side of the tank but I think the Jebao was pushing detritus away from the overflow so I wanted to move it to the opposite end of the tank as the overflow. Since the WP40 stuck out more than the MP40 I decided to try and fit it inside of the PowerStation and try and hide it a bit more.

Today's rescape.

906910_782269415120689_970738306_o.jpg

Is that a Tunze inside the Power Station?
I thought you had a MP40 in the first series of pictures.
How is the Tunze working inside the Power Station?

Where did you buy the power station from?

ETA- Disregard...I can see that you have a Jebao vs a Tunze in there.

haha yep it's a WP40 I just switched locations of the WP40 and the MP40

Not sure I've seen someone who actually has both the WP and the MP. (I have a WP40 and really like it) Can you note your impressions of having run them "side by side"? Is the WP just as good (minus a bit of the external controller stuff that you have to fight a bit harder for with the WP), or just close to as good? I really do like mine, but I also don't know what I'm missing, so I'd be interested to hear what you think... Still have to hold out judgement on them a bit in they haven't been around long enough to judge long term reliability, but at this point, I don't think I'd buy another PH....

The reason I bought my WP40 is because one of my 2 MP40's crapped out on me... Now I am pondering selling my other MP40 because the WP40 is a hands down better option. IMHO it moves more water for a fraction of the cost and with the alignment issues that I've had with the MP40's I'm at my wits end with them.

The reason I bought my WP40 is because one of my 2 MP40's crapped out on me... Now I am pondering selling my other MP40 because the WP40 is a hands down better option. IMHO it moves more water for a fraction of the cost and with the alignment issues that I've had with the MP40's I'm at my wits end with them.

That's interesting to note.
I've been busy and haven't kept up with all the new things "reef" lately and recently came across the Jebao pumps and was interested. I invested in Tunze 6100's and 6105's just before Vortech's came out and have been kind of wishing I'd gone with them instead of the Tunze's.

What I really wish Tunze had done was to keep the old style (1st gen) casing of the Streams with the new style, (2nd gen) plug. The 1st gen streams were/are easier to clean, but a bigger PITA to unplug if you don't have a sink within cord reach. The new style is easy to unplug for cleaning, but takes a lot more effort to clean out than the old style.

Your tank is very nice Chris! Are we the only ones left on the OP with reef tanks? I still have several corals that I bought from Bill when he was doing his thing on Kitchen-Dick.
Keep up the good work and drop me a line if you'd like to get together sometime........Fred

Thanks Fred! There is actually quite a few of us up here now, you on Facebook? I actually don't even talk to Bill anymore, we had a bit of a difference in opinion lol...

How's your tank doing?

Looking Really NICE Chris! I'll have to make a run out this summer or you can swing by also and pick from some of the NEW things i got and getting in:rofl:.

Let me know if they have issues and we'll work something out. Got frags of the Burning Candle growing well also.

Last edited:
Back