Some Plumbing for Nikki

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Alright, here is the "shortened some more" version of the previously pictured shortened locline segments. These are only 2 segments in length plus the "Y" fitting and the flared nozzle (I only have a couple of the other type of nozzle left). Anyway, if this isn't good enough, I'm going to break the locline off with a hammer :mad: and run it over with my car (just kidding....with the car part ;) ). The pliers are great for putting the locline together, but taking this stuff apart is a job! Well, that should fill my whining quota for the day - the tank is going to get filled with water in a little while, so if someone has problems they better speak up now..... :D Please excuse the angle of the picture, I was standing in the tank up on the stand, this is the best shot....

LOL - I might scare you if you saw me today :D LOL!!

attach the fans right to the Y's... length isnt everything you know????

Lol

Mike

Yep - It all has to do with the flow. Anyway, so help me, if this isn't right, I'm going to scream. Here it is:

Thats waaaaayyyyyy to short!!! What were you thinking!!! That will never work!!!:D
Sheesh........
Nick

Last edited:
maxx said:
Thats waaaaayyyyyy to short!!! What were you thinking!!! That will never work!!!:D
Sheesh........
Nick

Ablolutely Nick..............Way toooooo short. A coupple more elbows and some longer locline to run the outputs from the left side to the right side. Then you get flow on top of one side and on bottom of other side........And if that don't work? Just ask again Nikki.........:lol:
Scott

Looking sweet Niki!!! Thank you for putting in the time on this thread! It's been very helpful! (okay enough exlamation points ;)

May I ask why the use of the 3" wide fittings rather than use the regular nozzles? I bought one myself but wasn't sure why they are so cool :)

thanks nikki, those MBV arent cheap. but i guess they are worth it. tank is lookin great BTW. you must be excited

strat

looking good there Nikki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now thats enough exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!

Nikki,
I like it. I want to use something like that for a bottom spray bar. I would love some more pix if you have the time please?

LOL - you guys make me laugh! :D

Nick, you're lucky you are such a good purse holder.....you know you're within driving distance and I'd get ya for teasing me......unless you really think they're too short :)

Scott - you're lucky to be so far away. Colleen, thanks for the support - I need it around here - lol!

jlehigh - the flared nozzle will cover more surface, so they'll be great for the bottom of the tank. We'll see where detritus collects and adjust as needed when the tank is full of rock.

strat - the MBVs aren't cheap especially when you tack on the cost of a cycle timer, but this is something that can be used in the future Monster tank (dreaming outloud), so I felt it was a good investment.

Wit and Ed, thanks for the compliments. The design compliments definately go to Mike, but I'll take the compliments for putting the locline together :D

Ed, I'll get some more pics taken today, and get them posted for you!

Can you leave the pickle too?....you are going to be one busy person. I would love pix when you get the time. But that is when everything else settles. You take care of Nikki. Hope you are doing great?
Ed

So now we have a Locline Guroo Right?

I think that looks just Dandy! I don't think you will have a problem with circulation in the right places.

Great job Mike !! I was perplexed when I first time I saw all those holes in Nikki's tank :eek: It looks great. Can you say FLOW !!!:lol:

Back