Speakers

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ed - Sorry to take so long getting back to you about MASNA. I was in Portland with my Mom and had no computer access.

I know that the info is floating around in a post here somewhere, but here it is: username PSAS password clownfish

The biggest reason I was the delegate was because I was looking into non-profit stuff...and because I paid for the memberships, lol.

checking them out now..

Alice said:
Ed - Sorry to take so long getting back to you about MASNA. I was in Portland with my Mom and had no computer access.

I know that the info is floating around in a post here somewhere, but here it is: username PSAS password clownfish

The biggest reason I was the delegate was because I was looking into non-profit stuff...and because I paid for the memberships, lol.
Alice,
You are one cool Gal in my book. Thank you. I am on it. :)

I don't know if anyone has spoken to Denny's yet, but I know Jesse pretty well as well as a group of the staff. I'd be willing to talk to them about sponsorship?

reedman said:
We should start a list of local stores to hit up for event sponsorship and divide and conquer.

• Denny's Pet World in Kirkland
  • Pet Pouri in Everett
  • Salt Water City
  • Blue Sierra
  • Kevin from Aquitic Dreams might help out
  • Crow's Ridge (Chris might be interested in a co-sponsorhsip)
  • Indoor Reef
  • Ocean Reef Aquatics
  • Reefantasea (Jonathan is always willing to help where he can)
  • Shark Reef (If we had an event on that side of the water I'm sure he'd help)
  • Under the Sea might help....but they are a very small operation
  • Midway Pets (although I doubt it)
Add others if you know of some. I even thought about contacting the corporate offices of Petco and/or PetSmart to see what they could do.

Well go for it Shauna, they have never wanted to be involved with the club. if they got involved I'm sure they'd have even more business. Ask if they would allow a club poster there and info about membership. A discount would be nice too while you are at it... lol

I would be interested in the Underwater Sports project, does anyone need help getting this arranged? I lived three minutes from their location too! (it's where I learned to dive ;)

jesshimom said:
Also here is what Aaron has to say about the dive meeting...

Hello Colleen

We have a sponsor, Underwater Sports in the Puget Sound Area. Not quite sure where the presentation will take place and whether I will be presenting something or they will bring someone in. They intend on putting special offers, etc together and we will bring in equipment or have it on display if it is at the store. A powerpoint presentation would be nice so that we can show what is all located here in the NW. maybe set up some SCUBA tanks, have people breath on them, washing in between, etc. I will get back to you with a few more details. Still trying to decide the best time to hold the meeting. Winter or Spring. Late winter and early spring have the best visibility and I think is the best time to consider diving. The water temp is the same regardless of the time of year.

Colleen

Colleen, did you hear anything back from petco or petsmart? I'm curious to hear there policy on sponsorships.. I dont have any stores anywhere close to me :(

i'd just leave petco out of it, if it was me i would want as little association with them as possible..
and good luck with denny's pet world, the owner is an ass.

midway might not even exist.....very bad..same for pet pourri in everett.
and definately dont bother with lonzo at aquarium paradise..unless you want an earfull...

will from shark reef is opening a store in everett, and so is diablo, but i have heard from many people that both of them are 'tards, so it will be interesting seeing them compete against eachother.....

what, me being judgmental and cranky?? never!!!

Ok, Mario is talking to Randy Reed of Reed Mariculture. Randy Reed would like to do a presentation? What do you guys think?

I went to "The Fish Store" last weekend in downtown seattle and asked... the guy said they donate to GSAS, but was a bit anal about PSAS... He said the manager does not like them...

-Josh-:cool:

I went to "The Fish Store" last weekend in downtown seattle and asked... the guy said they donate to GSAS, but was a bit anal about PSAS... He said the manager does not like them...

-Josh-:cool:

Ok, So I can only ask why? I hope no one bad mouthed them on forum.
But it sounds like he made up his mind.:confused:
Anyone want to talk about Randy Reed?

Randy,
I do not know too much about Randy Reed. I just know Randy Reed wants to visit pretty bad according to Mario at Ocean Reef Aquatics.
I heard from PFO lighting today. Pat (PFO Aquarium)wants to do a demonstration of lighting for free. Pat was hoping September 16th.
Now, I am going crazy...What are your thoughts? I told Pat there was something planned. I also told him we were thinking of being a non profit organization. Will he donate something, I do not know. But he would be free to watch and listen to. :confused:
Your thoughts?

Last edited:
Is mario trying to suggest that we have another meeting over there? It looks like we only have FEB, MAR, and APR open still. I think one of those is for Adylade(sp). I just think that this Randy Reed would be pretty similar to Adylade, and should get a variety of topics instead. I think the Lighting demonstration is a wonderfull idea, and the price is right!

I'm backkkkkkkkkkkk

Scott Michael is our gig for September. I dont think we can rain on his parade; it doesnt seemright to have a second speaker/demo when he is having his gig.

We have Feb March and April available; assuming Ed has confirmed Delbeck for May. Adelaide is one of them; and we have to discuss Paletta if he will be one; and the other was probably going to be whoever Randy chooses for the Marineland program. I feel like we are pretty much full up.

What does everyone else think....

Welcome Back Colleen!!

How firm are we on having the frag swap in October??
The speaking I'm looking at, Dr. Dixon, is showing interest for October to fit her teaching schedule.

Back