The Sickness Continues

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Here is an updated shot of the BM 160 in action...much better skimmate for you Tracy:p

DSC_6762Large.jpg

Here are a few shots from tonight...Moved a few things around, everything is growing in nicely and the colors are fantastic:D

DSC_6863ALarge.jpg

DSC_6855ALarge.jpg

DSC_6849ALarge.jpg

DSC_6853ALarge.jpg

Just for the sake of showing where it is now...Also check out the T5 strip I added to the back of the Luminarc.

DSC_6848ALarge.jpg

DSC_6845ALarge.jpg

That's all for now, trying to get Dang out here to get some macro shots of these corals.

Wow, :eek: looks great. Also looks like you’re out of room. (One of the frags being placed on the sand!) I’ll hurry up and finish my project and then you can move the frags over to my tank!:lol:

Nice tank. Hope this one last for a while!!!! glad to see it is doing so good. That tunze looks like one I used to know. You have really collected some great coral and this thing should grow out amazing. I am a little worried about those six lines with no cover but I was always one to take risks with fish as well.

I am in the final stages of planning a move to San Diego. I am looking at different jobs down there and hopefully I will jump into something like this in a year or so.

note on the skimming. In the discussion a few pages back. I am not the biggest fan of really dry skimming because of that nice ca reactor that is in there. it will replace most of the needed stuff. Water changes will be key also but what I was bad at is checking salinity in my water. because that thing skim's so well and skimmate has almost the same salinity at the tank I would top off with some salt in the topoff water. It would just be finding a balance.

Brad, man, you don't want to move to Behind the Orange Curtain! The girls are ugly down there. :lol: You do realize you will be the only white guy right?

Skimming wet in a small system is tough because the salinity issue. Tage has developed a system for make up water that is slightly saline to account for top-off as well as salinity issues. I would contact him to pick his brain if you want to run really wet.

Wow, :eek: looks great. Also looks like you’re out of room. (One of the frags being placed on the sand!) I’ll hurry up and finish my project and then you can move the frags over to my tank!:lol:

Actually those are your frags! Hurry up and get your s#$% out of my tank!:badgrin:

Nice tank. Hope this one last for a while!!!! glad to see it is doing so good. That tunze looks like one I used to know. You have really collected some great coral and this thing should grow out amazing. I am a little worried about those six lines with no cover but I was always one to take risks with fish as well.

I am in the final stages of planning a move to San Diego. I am looking at different jobs down there and hopefully I will jump into something like this in a year or so.

note on the skimming. In the discussion a few pages back. I am not the biggest fan of really dry skimming because of that nice ca reactor that is in there. it will replace most of the needed stuff. Water changes will be key also but what I was bad at is checking salinity in my water. because that thing skim's so well and skimmate has almost the same salinity at the tank I would top off with some salt in the topoff water. It would just be finding a balance.

I keep a very close eye on my salinity Brad, always scared of losing too much sw through skimming. I have been very happy with this tank so far, good size without going too crazy.

Brad, man, you don't want to move to Behind the Orange Curtain! The girls are ugly down there. :lol: You do realize you will be the only white guy right?

Skimming wet in a small system is tough because the salinity issue. Tage has developed a system for make up water that is slightly saline to account for top-off as well as salinity issues. I would contact him to pick his brain if you want to run really wet.

Actually if you look at that last skimmate shot it isn't nearly as wet as it used tp be. That last shot was also after cleaning off rocks and substrate, takes 4-5 days to require emptying usually, not too wet, not too dry, just right...and tastes great:lol:

I remember when I first moved up here and my friends would come and visit. they would tell me how they never see good looking girls here. The worst thing is every time I get off an Airplane on my way back from Orange County. i always look at the girls here and wonder why I come back.

Sorry ladies but there are some good looking girls here, just not half as many.

Todd. you are the master at cubes and over the years it seems you are one of the only people to plan before they do things. that is why your tanks always are setup so good.

The worst thing is every time I get off an Airplane on my way back from Orange County. i always look at the girls here and wonder why I come back.

because some of the girls over there are fake or at least their ..well you know :lol:

I remember when I first moved up here and my friends would come and visit. they would tell me how they never see good looking girls here. The worst thing is every time I get off an Airplane on my way back from Orange County. i always look at the girls here and wonder why I come back.

Sorry ladies but there are some good looking girls here, just not half as many.

Todd. you are the master at cubes and over the years it seems you are one of the only people to plan before they do things. that is why your tanks always are setup so good.
Thanks buddy! You will be missed from the great north west! Make sure you keep in touch so I can come visit you down there:exclaim:

Back