Vortech Pump

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

VegasMike said:
They must be hoping for a slew of "gatta have its" because that is mighty hefty compared to Tunze which has to figure the exchange rate into the picture adn should be more expensive because of that. They either can't get the manufacturing pricing down or they are pocketing a bigger %. Myself, I'll wait and either see if they get realistic in price or I'll pick up a couple of Tunze 6100's or 6200's from the "gotta have it" crowd. I can hide Tunzes just fine in a 450 gallon tank. It might be the next best thing, but it's not worth that kind of price, especially when considering I would have to buy another controller, I already have the Tunze controller, and I would have to have the battery back-up(best feature IMO). That, and who knows how much the Controller is going to be. I would hate to buy the pumps and then find out the Controller was twice as expensive. I'll wait and see. Cool idea though.
Bets quote in this wole thread.

Just saw these listed at $345...too much for me, but there seems to be a line of people willing to pay for it. Good luck to the company...great product, I just won't pay that much.

Don W i was told that the Vortech pump was being built in China if this is so thay should be able to come down on the cost of the pump.

I can assure you these pumps will not be made in china... They are being manufactured in Pennsylvania, USA.

RGibson said:
Don W i was told that the Vortech pump was being built in China if this is so thay should be able to come down on the cost of the pump.

-Josh-:cool:

I like mine... much better than having the heat and chance of electrical leak... I can understand the price, unless you are getting a tunze, in which case these come out cheaper...

-Josh-:cool:

Well I cant wait for mine to get here! Im anxious to see how many maxi jet's I get rid of. My tank is recessed in a nook, and you wont even see the pump.

mine arrived today.....came a day earlier. works well! it's dead silent as well. my poor fish didn't know what hit them when i turned it up all the way.

After watching that video on the site that Josh gave us, it will probably blow the ones you leave off the glass!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:
They look like a good deal, I just wonder about the magnets holding on 3/4" glass.

What you got yours? I better check the front porch.

So tell us, what you think!! Are you able to get rid of your powerheads and seios?

charlie- " I just wonder about the magnets holding on 3/4" glass."

If you are speaking of the vortec, you actually MUST space them off something like 1.25" minimum. They include spacers, so for your tank you would want to use a 3/4" spacer to stand the motor assembly off.

The reason for the spaceing is to prevent undo thrust axis bearing wear from letting the magnets be too close and sucking together with unessicary clamping force.

Back