Where has all the particpation gone???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Sounds like we need more cold water participation maybe even a new forum for cold water:)

I love this site! It's really one of the only places I have found where Coldwater reefing is truly embraced. I do think there is a feeling of family here as I do attend the local meetings. It's a great way to see new set ups and I really enjoy talking with fellow reefers. I usually just peruse the members tanks area though:) see y'all soon!

I'm open for ideas, we relaxed the place a good bit but there is always room for improvement. I'm thinking next year we'll try different things whatever works well keep it not then we'll change up again.

i'd be interested in a cold water forum..alrhough, cost wise, i'm not sure i could manage a tank...

See...
Now this is what I was talking about in the original Post.

Participation, even "views"

over 500 views and 5 pages in less than a day and a half.

This is great reinsurance !!!!

And if we could get the sports package for our big screen in the lounge it may bring in more people.

I'd be all over a Coldwater forum:D I've been trying to get the Coldwater Facebook group over here to keep talk builds in the Coldwater Reefers group. But a forum would be sweet if you ask me:) It would help dispel some of the myths that tropical reefers have around Coldwater. And really it would be the first specific Coldwater forum out there. Just my two cents worth. BTW I do have a tropical tank lol. And I do enjoy reefing quite a bit:) lol

See...
Now this is what I was talking about in the original Post.

Participation, even "views"

over 500 views and 5 pages in less than a day and a half.

This is great reinsurance !!!!

And if we could get the sports package for our big screen in the lounge it may bring in more people.

I am sure there are a few of the Hooters girls that know someone with a reef tank. If Scooter was smart he would have thought of this before football season.

Peppie, what we need is more threads like this that mean absolutely nuthin, just fun threads that cannot create arguments or hard feelings or whatever. If this ever got back to pre 2008, you would be laughing more than reefing.

I know a few that don't reef anymore and I know a few than have been banned and I know a few which I am
Part of that are just tired of the people that always seem to know it all and shoot down others left and right or
The forum police that bring up little things and blow them out of proportion and never contribute to the thread
Again.

I know a few that don't reef anymore and I know a few than have been banned and I know a few which I am
Part of that are just tired of the people that always seem to know it all and shoot down others left and right or
The forum police that bring up little things and blow them out of proportion and never contribute to the

That unfortunately has happened in the past here. But I have found (on other sites) it is much more intense and common.
Some people just have a chip on their shoulder, and can not accept that their way is not the only way. Once they figure out that people just dont pay any attention to them any more , they fade into the background.

Peppie, what we need is more threads like this that mean absolutely nuthin, just fun threads that cannot create arguments or hard feelings or whatever. If this ever got back to pre 2008, you would be laughing more than reefing.

I so agree.
There is nothing like a lite hearted conversation for people to get to know each other a little better. No one is under the gun to produce correct factual information. And on the other side people dont feel shy or stupid about a particular subject matter

i'll share MY sports package with the lounge if someone tells me how. even when they suck, still have to have my steelers. ;),

I so agree.
There is nothing like a lite hearted conversation for people to get to know each other a little better. No one is under the gun to produce correct factual information. And on the other side people dont feel shy or stupid about a particular subject matter

I know you started this thread with a serious intention, and you were concerned that there was not enuf participation in not only this forum, but others also. So...................... what you need to do is start a thread like this every week for a month, it will build up our post count and really make it look like we have a clue as to what we are doing ;). When.................... in actuality, I have really no clue as to how my tank got to look like it does now, I figure the reef Gods did it and all I ever do is top the damn thing off.

i'll share MY sports package with the lounge if someone tells me how. even when they suck, still have to have my steelers. ;),

You do of course know that you are in Seahawk country? And people have been known to throw people out basement windows in Seattle for the control of the remote if you are not watching the right game :)

I know you started this thread with a serious intention, and you were concerned that there was not enuf participation in not only this forum, but others also. So...................... what you need to do is start a thread like this every week for a month, it will build up our post count and really make it look like we have a clue as to what we are doing ;). When.................... in actuality, I have really no clue as to how my tank got to look like it does now, I figure the reef Gods did it and all I ever do is top the damn thing off.

Only good can come out of a thread if the question asked has no real one correct answer.

I know how my tank has turned into what it is (not pretty) I just need to get off my lazy butt an apply some effort.

i am aware of the disdain for steeler fans around here.. some of it warranted... i'd just like to note that its not my fault you guys only have a team thats good enough to hate for every 5 or 10 years.
*ducking*

Forums are made for people, everyone should learn, post and feel free to be a part of the community. We will never all agree on how we do things but we can share our experiences and how we do things hopefully it isn't taken the wrong way.

I know how my tank has turned into what it is (not pretty) I just need to get off my lazy butt an apply some effort.

It helps that I am retired and led a reef life ;).

i am aware of the disdain for steeler fans around here.. some of it warranted... i'd just like to note that its not my fault you guys only have a team thats good enough to hate for every 5 or 10 years.
*ducking*

That isn't shy at all........................LOL

Forums are made for people, everyone should learn, post and feel free to be a part of the community. We will never all agree on how we do things but we can share our experiences and how we do things hopefully it isn't taken the wrong way.

Can we please work on the fridge and the big screen for the lounge ;)

Back