1000 Gallon

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Heres how you turn a 1400g freshwater system into an instant ocean.

DSC_0676.jpg

I went ahead and scrapped a few things.

First, I tossed the in-wall idea. It would take time to do it, and even more time to un-do it once we move.

I also scrapped the multi-sump idea. With the massive flow, would come massive bulkheads.

I was able to have a 6ft long, 3ft wide and 2ft tall tank built for less money.

The tank ships tomorrow at 8am. I talked to my buddy and he's welding up the stand as we speak!

should be impressive for sure.

Luis, for my 375g tank I always have 3-4 buckets on hand at all times. thank god I can store this stuff in the garage or I would hear it from the wife. :D

should be impressive for sure.

Luis, for my 375g tank I always have 3-4 buckets on hand at all times. thank god I can store this stuff in the garage or I would hear it from the wife. :D

I only have 1 bucket at a time. But then again my tank is a 55g plus sump.

I went ahead and scrapped a few things.

First, I tossed the in-wall idea. It would take time to do it, and even more time to un-do it once we move.

I also scrapped the multi-sump idea. With the massive flow, would come massive bulkheads.

I was able to have a 6ft long, 3ft wide and 2ft tall tank built for less money.

When are you moving? Is the tank gonna be only viewable in the garage then?

There was a problem with putting the tank in my garage. The garage has a slope, and the slope is greater at one end than the other. Our original idea was to build the stand to accommodate for this. He submitted the design to a structural engineer and that guy said NO WAY. So heres what we ended up with:

3x2" square stock. The top half of the tank will have 3 cross support braces. 8 legs will come down. One in each corner and four evenly spaced in the center. The legs ends are threaded with a bolt attached to a foot with a 6" puck. Each foot will have one of these 6" pucks. Each leg will have a jam nut (like a household appliance) so that the leg can be lengthened or shortened.

this way i can perfectly level the tank, and can again and again if I ever move the tank to another location.

Sweet I had him quote me on that size tank with starfire that you are using as a sump. Man what a great price he has! Can not beat his prices anywhere. Glass cages wanted twice as much as he wanted and the shipping was $1200 big ones with glass cages versus $350 with him.

I was a little mis-informed. The tank is SHIPPING tomorrow. When it actually shows up is anyones guess.

When the guess gets refined let us know. (Like you wouldn't otherwise)

I strongly urge you to knock a hole in the wall. Even if it is just 4 ft. You have the time now. Just make some calls and frame it in while the tank is on its way. If you are concerned about support, have the stand person weld up a weight bearing frame with vertical bars then install it to look like a shark cage.

Last edited:
I was a little mis-informed. The tank is SHIPPING tomorrow. When it actually shows up is anyones guess.

Reminds me of waiting for the cable guy to show up. :D:D

Back