210 shark/reef tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

well, since you have a hippo, i figured i would tell you that your tank looks really nice....blue tangs are my fav.......:)

Thanks Ronj,

That fish has so much personality to it. If i could only have one fish in my tank that would be it.

Nick

Oh i would just like to add that in the picture with the blue tang you can see an anenome on a whitish colored rock. That picture was taken two weeks ago as of today that rock can no longer be seen because the anenome is completely stretched out over it.

Well i am going to get some new pics up most likely this afternoon of the new tank mates. I hope you guys will enjoy them.

Also after much consideration and planning i have decided that i am going to still do reef. I will start out with softies and LPS and if i feel lucky or if i get some SPS for free i will try my luck with them again. I really love the way Zoanthids look so i think i will fill my tank with exotic looking zoanthids.

I'll keep you guys posted and thanks for checking out my dream tank.

shallowreef said:
Also after much consideration and planning i have decided that i am going to still do reef.

I might be wrong but didn't I tell you that you would eventually want a reef? :D

Cangrats Man!:lol:

Yes as a matter of fact you did.

I just kept thinking of how much of a PITA it was for me when i was keeping the SPS. But then i thought about when i did Softies and how i was able to grow them with ease and how much i missed seeing them sway in the current. I need to do some serious research on softies and see if i can find some nice colored softies. I did remember that i hated how the majority of them where like a brownish color. That was one of the main reasons why i switched to SPS.

Candy, frogspawn, Fiji Yellow leather, cats paw, you can find them it is just harder to get the pretty ones, I always had poisoning problems, too many seem to make some of the others sick.

Really?

I never would have thought of that. Well i deffinately want to do zoas' and maybe a kenya tree. In my 90 i was able to grow a colt from the bottom of my tank to the top. It was insane! Thats a 2ft tall Colt! I would love to do that again. But in all honesty one thing i deffinately want to try and do is to get corals (zoos) to grow on the back of tank (on the glass).

shallowreef said:
Well i am going to get some new pics up most likely this afternoon of the new tank mates. I hope you guys will enjoy them.

Also after much consideration and planning i have decided that i am going to still do reef. I will start out with softies and LPS and if i feel lucky or if i get some SPS for free i will try my luck with them again. I really love the way Zoanthids look so i think i will fill my tank with exotic looking zoanthids.

I'll keep you guys posted and thanks for checking out my dream tank.

If you do this it wont be a 210 FOWLR anymore.
You'll have to change your sig to something like " 210 FWZALR RULE! :lol:

Well a little update I added porkfish to my tank and they were still juvis. I think that was a bad idea. I don't know if they were just to small or if the grouper found them to look interesting, but i have lost 2 out of the 3 that were in there. I was able to find one but i haven't had any luck finding the second one. I don't think they were attacked and all my levels checked out fin, also they have been eating like crazy too. I can't figure out what is causing the deaths. I think that i am just going to have to get them full grown instead of juvs. The best is that i have a little yellow clown goby that is smaller than the porkfish and he has not been eaten? So i really don't think its the grouper. I read that when they are juvs that they act like cleaner fish and i did see them picking on the trigger but i don't know if they were cleaning or harassing. It looked like cleaning to me. Maybe the trigger offed em'? I had a small one, a medium, and a large size pork their sizes ranged from 1"-2" and so far i lost the biggest one and the smallest one.

I'm so curious to know what is going on in my tank.

Well over the weekend he ate the last one. Its not his fault though that is just his natural habit. If its anyones fault its mine for adding such small fish to tank with a grouper in it. Anyways i ordered new porkfish that are full grown. hopefully this will have a better result.

Good news though i got some new pics of my tank and of course they suck but here they are.

For some reason my internet is slow as hell? Its taking me forever to upload these pictures.

Okay now for some reason the manage attachments button is missing?

Oh yeah i really dislike Mondays!

Back