Eric & Becca's 180 build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Do you still have zillions of bubbles from your right hand overflow? Are you considering adding a bubble trap after the skimmer section?

Thanks you two.
Every thing is placed. Some are already open.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Well over half my tank has been from your generosity.

Thanks again

Peppie

No problem Dave. Most things about our tanks around here would not be in the state they are without the help you have given over the last 6-8 months. It's the least we can do.

Everyone... New pics and stuff to follow soon as we made the transfer today from the 70gal into a holding system in the garage waiting for lighting to be completed on the 180. 70 gal system is for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

Now that everything is running smoothly....knock on wood...We threw up some VERY temporary lighting so that the rock will go through its typical algae cycle. We have on loan to us from luisse25 a light, but when we got it home...oops, how to mount this thing...it is huge. So not entirely sure we will use it...still working out the kinks. The temp lighting is good enough for some of our softies, so we have begun to add one every other day or so. All the fish TJL brought back from Hawaii are doing AWESOME. And they look so amazing....thank you Todd, again. ok enough with the verbage, you wanna see pics...

The temp lighting
abc034.jpg

Sump with skimmer installed
abc035.jpg

It's a snug fit, but whatcha gonna do
abc039.jpg

The tank
abc026.jpg

we have on order another led for the fuge for a total of two light panels....very psychedelic, I am sure the wrasse that we put down there is getting his groove on...albeit by himself
abc037.jpg

Mike

these doors

the_doors-1119.jpg

OR

these doors

photobucket-1530-1317868817566.jpg

Cause behind doors #2, I see doors #1.....
You're lost little girl
You're lost little girl
You're lost
Tell me who
Are you?

.....and the beat goes on

I am a huge Morison fan.
Looks as though you have been busy. Are your temp lights secure? I would hate to see one of those puppies drop in the tank.
Have you been able to get anything done on the hood? I can stop by this weekend and whip up a couple adjustable do dads to mount the other lights. I got to thinking, and the hood does not need to be finished to make the do dads, at least you will have them if needed.
Man I love your doors.

I am a huge Morison fan.
Looks as though you have been busy. Are your temp lights secure? I would hate to see one of those puppies drop in the tank.
Have you been able to get anything done on the hood? I can stop by this weekend and whip up a couple adjustable do dads to mount the other lights. I got to thinking, and the hood does not need to be finished to make the do dads, at least you will have them if needed.
Man I love your doors.

Dave who doesn't love the doors....oh your talking about those doors...yes you do some mighty fine work. The lights are secured with some clamps....it works. There has been nothing done on the hood as of late. Added the skimmer and power strips. Also we had that tank to break down and get cleaned up for the new owner to pick up Monday am. And who could forget those Seahawks....we need to come up and borrow your planer to make a block for the DJ powet strip Thursday or friday , maybe?
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I dont like doors#1 at all. overrated..
I also dont like red hot chilly peppers, Bruce Springsteen , or the Rolling Stones. they need to just hurry up and die, that stupid mcjagger.

yeah yeah Adam....but how about doors #2 :eyebrows:

Thanks for the pic to the phone. Thanks so much for saving our brain:cheer2: glad it is not oozing:yuk: anymore. Thinking about picking up this weekend. Will that work for you guys.

Can we expect an update anytime before X-Mas ??????

Ok Dave, you must be referring to all the work you did over the weekend.....

And a big THANK YOU :clap2:goes to Dave for showing up at the house Saturday. The boys plumb through the back of the lower cabinets in the kitchen electrical and 3/8" flexible line going from the "NEW" water station in the garage to the tank in the house. They built a quick and dirty water station platform below the ro/di unit. Dave did a terrific job on getting the borrowed mh light from charisse to fit in the existing hood without putting any holes in the ceiling...bless you Dave. We have been slowly placing corals in the tank. leathers, zoa's, and some of our hardier corals. Eric has the hood striped:redface:and has begun the dye process.

And for all those who want pics...these are a few from my cell phone just to tie you all over until the camera recharges

2011-10-11_20-49-56_917.jpg

2011-10-11_20-49-43_601.jpg

"WAS"....
Such a final word..we are far from done. We still have the led build to do, retrofit the led's into the hood, hook up the ato with in-line kalk reactor, add in the controller, finish moving in the corals. And of course we all know that when that is all done we are never finished. We will then begin to upgrade some of our equipment.

Looking great!
If you need any help with your LED build - I would be happy to lend a hand. Here are some pictures of my two builds. I don't live too far away - you can stop by sometime and see the LED setups. Don't laugh at my tanks though -- they are undergoing a "restructuring" process. :eek:hwell::tongue:

Attachments

• Reef1.jpg
    Reef1.jpg
    63.9 KB
  • Reef2.jpg
    Reef2.jpg
    62 KB
  • Reef3.jpg
    Reef3.jpg
    65.1 KB
Back