Eric & Becca's 180 build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Coraline growing on the rocks already... Whoo Hoo!!!

october2011012.jpg

Eric, when are we going to see an updated full tank picture? You've got that little tease in your signature but my eyes hurt from squinting at it too long.

full tank shot

tank064.jpg

some ricordia eye candy

tank036.jpg

Bob Moore Sun coral lookin all sexy and what not

tank008.jpg

Meteor shower cyphastria

tank053-1.jpg

Dendro's out lookin for some food....thought comes to mind "feed me Seymore, feed me all night long...."

tank057.jpg

a shot down the side of the tank

tank045.jpg

JD you work like right around the corner, why can't you come get your own full tank shot with your eyes :D

Thanks man, I needed some eye candy. I'll have to swing by in the next week or so to check it out in person. I see you were able to catch the sailfin.

Yes, definitely looking awesome. Nice aquascaping job Becca, hopefully Eric at least held out a dry towel for you when done :bump2: Bicolors look so sweet in there, can't wait to get mine out of QT and into a reef (couple of weeks). Great job you two and now that all the hard work is done have to make it down for a visit.

Cheers, Todd

Its nice to see the FTS
It looks much more colorful since I have last seen it.
Did you get your ATO all wired up?

How did the bed frame finish turn out?

How soon before we see it under led lights???

I can go on with the Qs.....

the tank turned out awesome!!! i was just curious how you liked the red lights on your sump? rob @ red c keeps trying to get me to try them....

We've been running them for over a year and the macro growth has been really good. I recommend them to anyone who asks. BTW we run them 24/7. We have a second one on the way since our fuge on this tank is a lot bigger than the old set up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Its nice to see the FTS
It looks much more colorful since I have last seen it.
Did you get your ATO all wired up?

How did the bed frame finish turn out?

How soon before we see it under led lights???

I can go on with the Qs.....

Yes the ATO of wired but there are a couple of speed bumps in the road. We will explain more once it is all working smooth.

You saw how the bed frame turned out. Its awesome and Gavin loves his big boy bed. Thank you again. We are going to post some pics in the water fountain section as soon as we have some time.

LEDs are imminent. As soon as all the parts arrive we will start that project and document it all here.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yea you need some lights over that Tank, lol The tank is looking great though, did you get over that ich problem??

mojo

Yea you need some lights over that Tank, lol The tank is looking great though, did you get over that ich problem??

mojo

LED's??? YES WE DO!!! HMMM... wonder where they are??? :D Coming soon...

Still battling the Ich thing. Seem there was some serious stress put on some of the fish while we were in the tank messing with stuff for a few hours the other day and that night is when it showed up. We are trying some in tank reef safe treatment before we go to the extreme of tearing the whole thing apart to get all the fish out. If this doesn't work though we will be forced to do just that. We've done tons of reading since then and really understand a lot more about MI now.

Thanks all for your kind words. This tank has definitely been a bit more of a struggle than the 70 was to get it all done and done right. We will hopefully have some interesting updates (with pics of course) really soon on the automated RODI/SW mixing station and ATO/Kalkwasser reactor setups. Oh yeah and LED's!!!

throw some common cleaner shrimp in :) always takes care of my ich probs. especially with the tangs and pigmy angels. pretty much wont go without em.

throw some common cleaner shrimp in :) always takes care of my ich probs. especially with the tangs and pigmy angels. pretty much wont go without em.

We have had some issues in our previous tank with cleaner shrimp killing some very expensive and prized LPS by stealing their spot fed food at every meal. The two shrimp had grown quite large though when this was happening so maybe that was the issue. We were thinking we would go without shrimp this time but ???

Beware, I would not rely on fish or shrimps to control parasites. Eventually, the tank will require fallow period while fishes stew in QT for +8weeks.

Back