Finally, room for fish and corals

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Disturbed - I picked up the power panels off of Ebay. I just typed in 'DJ Power Panel' and the units above where one of the options. Only $30 or so.

Jobiwan - Like you I'm at the mercy of others during my build. I too will be showing patience in this build and in the addition of animals because I want the best for them.

wwouu dood me likes the pics :D .
seriously keep the pictures coming .

uhh ya, question ... why are you putting that much sand in there?

Matt and Joe,
I am hoping we can do a meeting at each of your houses. I have been lurking in the back ground on both of your threads. They are both awesome set ups.
You are smart to take your time. I could not wait to get my cube going. I wish I had the patience you both have. You did your research and it will definitely pay off I am sure. Keep those pictures coming please both of you.
thanks in advance,
Ed:)

wwouu dood me likes the pics :D .
seriously keep the pictures coming .

uhh ya, question ... why are you putting that much sand in there?[/QUOTE}

The 8" of sand is for a remote DSB that is been known to help reduce nitrates. The main diplay will only have about 1"-2" of sand.

Ed - I would love to have a meeting at the house, but that will have to wait just like fish and corals:D

Got some pieces for the canopy back today. Things turned out really nice and I'm glad I took the extra step to do this. Hardly anyone will see this touch, but I will and that's all that matters.

Elostanklights036.jpg

Elostanklights039.jpg

Elostanklights040.jpg

I used to think I had a pretty nice system. Now I may have to start all over. Darned you.

Everything (stand, canopy and other) went to the powder coater on Wednesday. I should have everything back by the end of the week.

TankEquipment072.jpg

I've got a few things to do around the house and it's Christmas time so progress may slow down. May slow down :D.

phomaniac,

I have the similar style vats (55 gallon) as Bricky does and got mine at an Army Surplus store in Lynnwood. I believe they were $40 each.

I like the elos symbols on the light hood, nice touch! When are you going to start making hoods for them? You put their hoods to shame =P

WoW batman:eek: This is getting to be a common thing here @ RF, I keep seeing peoples nice garages turned into these monster reef set-up, looks like a very huge ongoing science project! :lol: Makes me wonder what all of our wifes are thinking, just think If they saw all these on this site!!:shock:

Oh BTW looking totally Awesome!;)

Ok, everything came back from powder coating on Tuesday. I've just been swamped with work this week so the pictures have been delayed.

I did manage to wire up, and hang my frag tank lights. Got all the wiring tested and all the bulbs fired up the first time.:rolleyes:

Now I just need to mount the ballasts, finalize the connections, and add bulbs.

Could use some thoughts on bulb combination. Right now I have two of each: KZ fiji purple, KZ coral light, Giesemann aquablue +, and Giesemann actinic +.

Fraglights004.jpg

Fraglights003.jpg

Fraglights005.jpg

Fraglights006.jpg

Fraglights002.jpg

Scotty,

Agreed. Along with my 375g tank in the garage, I have managed to get a a 20 gallon QT and a 12 gallon tank up and running in the garage. So far my wife hasn't said anything to me. (famous last words) :)))

Fired up the frag tank lights. I think its bright enough, especially since the tank is only 15" tall. The two 4" fans are also plenty to keep the bulbs cool. Had the 6 bulbs on for about an hour and then put my hand under the lights and they're nice and cool.:D

Fraglights009.jpg

Fraglights008.jpg

Fraglights007.jpg

Back