Gimmito 450 gal L-shaped display

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Nice job on the manifold. I like how neat and tidy it is. Definitely put the bio pellet reactor effluent by the skimmer intake, it will help pull the mulm out. When I set my tank back up I'm going to connect the effluent to a T and have the T connected to the skimmer intake for better mulm skimming.

e8b7cc26.jpg

3eb6acd0.jpg

2bcde4e2.jpg

I had a little time to work on the tanks today. I placed live rock/sand in the small return section of the sump in the QT to help cycle it. Based on a suggestion by Lee Birch on RF, I decided to simplify things by using a hydro sponge instead ( it will be much easier to medicate also). As soon as I can seed the sponges I can hopefully place an order for 6 black ice clowns from Proaquatix.

I also took out the frag racks in the FT since I was getting too much detritus build up under the racks. I'll have Gen modify them for better flow while I pickup my ATO tank for the main display on Monday.

2db1b9cd.jpg

Gen dropped off my water resevoir tower for the main display. It measures 14"x9"x42" and holds about 23 gallons. It will allow me to go a week without having to refill it.

173c4645.jpg

The water tower in place. I also got to plumb in the bio pellet reactor (Reef Octopus SR-140), I plumbed the outlet of the reactor directly into the feed line into the skimmer. I"ll have to play with the flow to get it dialed in.

Last edited:
7d6531fb.jpg

Gen also modified my frag racks. They were accumilating too much detritus inder the racks, so Gen routed them out and made different feet for more flow.

173c4645.jpg

The water tower in place. I also got to plumb in the bio pellet reactor (Reef Octopus SR-140), I plumbed the outlet of the reactor directly into the feed line into the skimmer. I"ll have to play with the flow to get it dialed in.

Sweet. :) I like how you have it all plumbed. Once I get my system set back up, I'm going to hook my biopellet reactor to the skimmer using a T at the skimmer.

Jim,

Will the Davy Jones locker over flow once filled or will it just back up into the skimmer. Congrats on the MPs and on the frag rack mods. I'll be making a frag rack this weekend for my 40.

Hi Rhodes,

You plug your skimmer into the Davey Jones Locker which has a float valve that will cut the power to the skimmer.

I'll keep an eye out for your FT build.

Back