Gimmito 450 gal L-shaped display

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I've seen it done on the dt before and it was this guys tank that he built in his garage and opened up to his living room I think it was a long time ago when I first got onto this forum site I'll have to try and dig that thread up. But it would be good for no shade just unless u can't figure out the timer to move the lights be pain in the butt to do it by hand every day lol.

ok ok i see what your talking about, but it all depends on what your going to try and achieve. Do you want to simulate the sunrise to sunset with the light bar, or do like he does and makes it so no shade is left during the course of a minute. But nice setup (Jon) has.

No lights yet...just the equipment list. I hear a lot of good things regarding the reeflux bulbs. Although the Phoenix 14k is poplar amongst the local reefers. The new lumetek 250/400 selectable ballast seems to be getting a lot of hype also.

Wow I didn't know they had that selectable ballast that's pretty nice especially when aclimating to new light.

Wow I didn't know they had that selectable ballast that's pretty nice especially when aclimating to new light of the 400. Or depends on how it switches Fromm 250/ to 400 you could simulate the sunrise and set and the hottest part of the day too. I'll have to look into it.

I was originally looking into the coralvue dimmable ballast, but I heard there was some problems with them. The good thing about building the tank slow is that new and better products constantly come out. :)

That's is true i'm gonna take my time when I build mine but it will be nice cube tank/ bar lol taking Adam( myteemouse) idea just with a cube and having it as a center piece lol

Try 6 tank build threads. :0 Also, try checking out Neptune over in milpitas. Robert is a BAR sponsor and good guy. I'm going to get my Marco rock from him.

Happy New Year Sarang,

I was on vacation during the holidays. I finished framing the frag tank stand, some electrical, & started the plumbing (but need the return pump to plumb any further).
What do you think of the equipment list ? I see how the flow looks with the four vortechs and the hammerhead in the returns. I know you love wavy seas and I'm thinking of adding a few in the front corners. What do you think ?

Ya I was thinking of becoming a member on rc as well. Cause you never know where the good deals will be. Plus I don't like the fact that you must be a paying member on bar to access the buy/sell forum

Happy New Year Sarang,

I was on vacation during the holidays. I finished framing the frag tank stand, some electrical, & started the plumbing (but need the return pump to plumb any further).
What do you think of the equipment list ? I see how the flow looks with the four vortechs and the hammerhead in the returns. I know you love wavy seas and I'm thinking of adding a few in the front corners. What do you think ?

Happy New Year to you too! Yes I am a big fan of the Wavy Seas! Your equipment list is impressive and sound choices. I look at it this way. It is better to spend a little more money now on premium quality equipment rather to spend more money replacing inferior equipment later. I hear from fellow reefers all the time. This and that equipment is too expensive but then they go and spend that same money on corals that sometimes they end up losing because they fail to get the proper life support for thier system. I just don't get it sometimes. The LS most of us keep and care for will cost more than your entire system hands down so why not spend a little extra $$$ to properly support and maintain a healthy enviroment for your expensive precious LS. Any how you are doing the right thing. Take your time and think everything through. As a system your size. Mistakes can be costly. Patience is your #1 friend:) in this hobby.

Sarang

Ya I was thinking of becoming a member on rc as well. Cause you never know where the good deals will be. Plus I don't like the fact that you must be a paying member on bar to access the buy/sell forum

RC and R2R are two good places for deals. You won't find that many deals on BARS, but I think the 20 bucks is worth it for the speakers, tours, frag swap, & the dbtc. :D

Back