My 240

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Mama finally gave in?:D

Is the Frag racks to prevent the Zoas getting lost on the bottom?

As always, the best looking softy tank around!

Just saw this,
I moved all my zoanthids I wanted to keep into the 240 untill I decide on what to do, use the old tank, or make a new one.

any updated shots? Love the tank Martin and I am seriously leaning toward shifting to softy/LPS dominant. Great job on the tank.

Once you've done a softy, you never go back:D

What a still picture will never show is the LIFE! Softy tanks blow and wave in the currents. Like being in a piece of the ocean

Very true.:D

Thanks

The tank is doing pretty good right now. When I had all my zoanthids on frag racks in the 240, I had a little problem with a 18" dia. rbta. It decided to move ( been in the same spot for 4 years) and got sucked into a seio 1500.
Needless to say it went through the powerhead, completely.
The tank was solid milk color for almost 24 hours.
I lost alot.
2 of my biggest neon green sinularias, melted completely, a few small ones and about a 1/3 of my zoanthid frags/colonies.
Over the first 3 days I did six 90 gallon water changes and used a couple quarts of carbon.
Another thing that happened is that the tank experinced a aptasia explosion.
I mean they showed up everywhere. Almost every zoanthid colony suddenly had mulitple aptasia babies inbetween the polyps.
I'll try and get some current pictures up this weekend.

What a still picture will never show is the LIFE! Softy tanks blow and wave in the currents. Like being in a piece of the ocean

Exactly.;)

I even have that nasty ( everybody tells me it's nasty) GSP growing across the back wall of the tank.

Wow finn. If you ever wanna frag some leathers I'll set up a tent and sleep on your lawn so Im first in line. Great selection and placement of corals. Thats the look. No ROCK!

I'm also going to add a few more fish. Really make that skimmer work.
I just added the Sohal, a Flame and Coral Beauty.
Maybe add a couple more fish next month.

That looks fantastic! I love the garden of leathers too....great look. Yep, I think most or all of the rest of my SPS have got to go to make room for more softies. lol

Back