My 240

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Great shots Martin!!! I don't care what anyone says, the blue background is the nicest!!! I miss it on my old 75gal! You may have sparked some DIY for the pod;)

Yeah, I'm happy with the way the color turned out too.

Thanks Gaby.:)

In the one picture of the two clowns and the anemone,, there was a rock in front of it that the female clown didn't like. She moved it about 6-8". The rock itself was about 4-5 lbs and was easily 8 to10 times her size. I was just floored when she moved it. I thought it fell over by itself, but after I moved it back, she moved it again.

Guess she wants a view.:)

Finn, I had the same issue with my seaswirls. I siliconed the top 90 and the micro bubbles stopped! Also, make sure you glued your lines really well... As Krish mentioned you just might have to wait till they slime! Regardless, tank looks good! What kind of lighting do u have? I saw 4 reflectors, should i assume that you have 4 250s?

Finn, I had the same issue with my seaswirls. I siliconed the top 90 and the micro bubbles stopped! Also, make sure you glued your lines really well... As Krish mentioned you just might have to wait till they slime! Regardless, tank looks good! What kind of lighting do u have? I saw 4 reflectors, should i assume that you have 4 250s?

Thanks, I am grateful for any info on those darn sea-swirls.

My lights are 3x250 watt mh and 4x160 watt vho.

Martin - stunning tank, my friend!!!

Yeah, it's amazing what female GSM's can move. I saw mine carrying a snail the other day that was twice her size. I guess it got a little close to her anemone.

Really really nice! You have the best sinularia and other softies in town bar none! Great ric collection too. (not going to discuss your Palys) How is your SEIO controller working out? Just ordered mine yesterday.

Thanks.

You know, I haven't had time to even look at it yet much less figure out where I am going to put it.

gees dude. I'm really impressed. I'm glad the glass tank worked out for you, and I didn't realize you could build an overflow and a backing like that. Thanks for sharing. From the post, it sounded like if you had to do it over again, you'd get it plumbed for a closed loop from factory. Would you buy from that same company again? gees. the price seems right

gees dude. I'm really impressed. I'm glad the glass tank worked out for you, and I didn't realize you could build an overflow and a backing like that. Thanks for sharing. From the post, it sounded like if you had to do it over again, you'd get it plumbed for a closed loop from factory. Would you buy from that same company again? gees. the price seems right

Thanks,
you know, I was nervous about asking them to drill a couple holes in the back wall of them tank and then have it sit unprotected in a semitruck all the way across the country.
Now that it's done, and I'm dealing with the over the top closed loop plumbing, I wish I'd had them drill a couple closed loop holes.
I would definately buy from Glasscages again.

nice tank man:D . deffinently puts mine to shame, too broke from getting it set up!:eek:

You have to remember that I had a 180 that was already setup, which was a 8 year accumulation of corals.. The only new stuff, is mostly the equipment.

And I am seriously broke myself.:eek:

wow what is the site for these people for tanks and by the way if I was building that tank I wouldnt have done any thing diff looks spectackular wow

hey i knew i remembered your tank wow has it been that long ago since this began well now to copy your tank cover l.o.l.

hey I called them they said 390 for shipping holy sh#$%^&t what did u pay

I remember you asking the question, but just never got around to give you an answer. Sorry about that.
They charged me $250 for shipping when their truck made a west coast tour.

Back