my 48x30x15 shallow peninsula style tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

yeah it is so weird..the first night i have it i freaked out i thought its dying or something..then the next day it puffs back up...the flesh is so delicate..and yes please show me a picture of yours when retracted at night so i can compare if mine is normal...im looking at mine right now and its all bubbly..

Mine didn't deflate all the way last night so I couldn't get a picture of it. I googled green bubble coral and came across this pic. This very accurate of what mine looks like when it fully deflates. The tissue is so thin it looks like its going to be cut by the skeleton but it wont, just dont try handling it like this. I circled a part in red because that is not normal, the skeleton should not be coming through the tissues. If I do see mine deflated I'll take a pic.

182.jpg

thanks for the pic and nfo..yeah mine deflates like the one on the pic sometimes its a bit puffy and there tentacles coming out...:)

got a few nice corals from duane today(trido)..thank u:p..
elegance,chalice,ziggy dust montri...zoas...
and i am so happy now i have a chiller too!!:p
i dont have to worry bout summer heat...:D

summer is coming and even we have AC its still hot...u never know how hot its gonna be this coming summer...the chiller i got has a heater too:p

holy crap lol. Nice Clarisse. i need to lurk on the forum more. OUTSTANDING looking tank.

holy crap lol. Nice Clarisse. i need to lurk on the forum more. OUTSTANDING looking tank.
thanks harrison!!!how are u?

heres pics of corals i got last weekend
huuuugeee polyps of trpe's
DSC08832.jpg

DSC08825.jpg

taken with flash and theres dragon eyes zoas on the left and purple hornet frag on bottom right for polyp comparison
DSC08827.jpg

elegance..i need to take better pic
DSC08870.jpg

DSC08888.jpg

DSC08890.jpg

DSC08886.jpg

pink chalice with a little orange color
DSC08861.jpg

ziggy stardust monti
DSC08855.jpg

Very nice. I really like the RPE's. One of my all time favorites.
they are nice finn..but these rpe kind i am really having a hard time keeping them...my previous rpe's just melted on me,i dont understand...its like they are gonna lose the skirts first until its just a stub...does that happen to u?

and hows your billy clubs pe that we got from rick?mine after making lots of polyps then it just went dull color and then just close up with no reason...
the gpe's we got from rick went dull in color like its not as bright as it was when i first got it...never made any babies but u can still tell that its different than any regular gpe's...

thats why sometimes i dont buy people eaters..except for this huge rpe's from duane

Last edited:
My RPE colony is having a bit of trouble also. It's one of the pieces that got attached by the nudi problem I had.:mad:
The Billy Clubs are doing OK.:)
But something is also happening with my GPE's. They are dull, also, BUT, they are also adding some color. About the same color as a PPE.:eek:

I've seen PPE's and GPE's on the same colony, so maybe?:confused:

Nice RPEs, they look just like mine, they're spreading all over the rock I have them on. Nice elegance! I need to get one of those, I found a mini one online but was hesitant on getting it, any LFS around here have any? BTW where'd your green bubble go? The elegance took it's previous home.

Nice RPEs, they look just like mine, they're spreading all over the rock I have them on. Nice elegance! I need to get one of those, I found a mini one online but was hesitant on getting it, any LFS around here have any? BTW where'd your green bubble go? The elegance took it's previous home.

hi,if u can see it in the 4th pic of my tank shots its right there near the mini red carpet..
here it is now...im glad its happy to where i put it...its kinda hidden on the rocks,like its in a cave so the rocks is kinda blocking the flow...:)
bubblecoral.jpg

Back